Part 9: One Year Later

This takes place one year after the reveal. Garroth and Aphmau became best friends again, but nothing romantic ever happened. Garroth started to date Azura, who is jealous of Aphmau for unknown reasons. Aphmau kept her long distance relationship with FC. 

~Aphmau's POV~

There was a victory sound as Garroth passed the finish line. 

"WHAT!" I yelled. "HOW IN THE NAME OF IRENE DO YOU BEAT ME EVERY TIME WE PLAY MARIO KART?!"

"Hahaha," he said. "Maybe I keep winning because I'm just awesome like that." I glared at him and then we both cracked up laughing. There was a knock at his door and he got up and answered it.

"Oh, hey Azura." I heard him say. Guess that's my cue to leave. I got up and walked to the door. I gave her a smile and went to leave. 

"Aphmau where are going? I thought we were on for another Mario Kart match?" He said, sounding disappointed. 

"No let her go. She obviously has somewhere better to be." Azura said. She then glared at me and gave a fake smile. 

"Oh, okay then. Bye Aphmau." He said, still sounding disappointed. Before I could respond, Azura shut me out and left me there on Garroth's front door step. I sighed. Why does Azura hate me? What did I do to her? I walked back to my house and went upstairs to my room. I needed to get my mind off of Garroth, so I decided to text FC.

Aph: Hey, you there?

FC: Yea, I have some exciting news.

Aph: Really, what is it?

FC: I'm coming to America next week! I can't wait to see you!

I stared at my phone in disbelief. He's coming to America? I should be happy about this, but I'm not. Might as well pretend to be excited.

Aph: Really?! That's great! Can't wait to see you too!

FC: I have to go to bed, it's like twelve in the morning here.

Aph: OMI I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO TEXT YOU LATE AT NIGHT!

FC: It's okay. I'm just happy it was you. Love u. <3

I didn't respond. I don't know how I feel about him anymore. Maybe I should take a nap, I need to get my mind off of everything that happened today.