f i v e

We look up cheap hotels and the cheapest one within a 20 mile radius is $200 a night. We only have $120.

"What the hell do we do now, sell our organs?!" Katie exclaims.

She's extremely flustered and I can tell on the inside, she wants to cry, and as do I.

Then a thought comes to mind.

Duh,

work for it.

"We'll get a job!" I say to her, excitedly.

She looks reluctant, but we both know it's our only option.

"Fine. Let's look up close fast food restauraunts." She sighs.

I know she's bummed we have to work on our vacation, but what else can we do? There's no way we're sleeping in the car, way too risky.

We drive to a near-by mcdonnald's and talk to the manager.

"Sorry girls, we have enough staff as it is. Good luck, though." He says with an appologetic look.

For the rest of the day, we go from place to place, trying to get jobs.

No one needed anymore employees.

No one.

Finally, we sit at a bench outside of an antique store, another place that didn't need anymore workers.

I put my head in my hands, about to cry, when a someone tapped on my shoulder. I looked up and, to my surprise, it was Calum Hood.

The Calum Hood, as in the guy I've dreamt about for 2 years. The guy I'd always wanted, but you'd never imagine what he said to me.

"Hey beautiful, what's your name?"

I was in shock, to say the least. Calum Hood just asked me my name, and called me beautiful. Of all people, he called me beautiful.

"Uh-um, Carter."

"Well Carter, I'd love to get to know you more-" I surprise myself, cutting the boy off. "Look, I'm not good for you... I'm a mess. Just keep your distance. I'll only bring you down with me."

I leave him speechless, just not in the way I've always imagined.

I dreamt about meeting Calum Hood, but it's too soon for me. By the way he was talking, I could tell he was flirting.

There's no way I'm dating ever again, let alone so soon.

Luke is the only one for me... Too bad he's gone.

↠↠↠

And there it is, ladies and gents. boy meets girl, boy likes girl, girl doesn't want to get close because she's broken.

↠↠↠