Chapter 12

Emily POV

All I heard before I drifted off to sleep was.

"I love you Emily."
*********
I woke up and I was still wrapped up in Evans arms. Then I remembered last night. Evan said the he loved me.

Was that true. Or is it just a lie like a lot of things.

I looked up to find Evan still fast asleep. I traced my finger across his face till he woke up and smiled.

This was going to be a fun week.
                         **********
The week went by quick. Evan kissed me a few time through out the week. Everybody stopped bothering me. I still sang every night. But we never talked about the night when he said the he loved me.

The end school bell rang. I walked to my locker and grabbed my stuff. Pulling my book bag on I walked outside. Me and Evan managed to make sure nobody knew that he drove me. But when I walked outside, Evan was right in front of the building. I walked over to him.

"Hey." He said smiling.

"What are you doing here. People are going to see us together."

"I don't care anymore."

"Are you positive?"

He nodded. I climbed into the car. Then somebody screamed.

"Evan! What are you doing driving the freak home." Gracie screamed coming up to the car. She was wearing a tight dress that stopped right below her but. It was strapless. Wearing underwear would show less skin.

"Gracie. You can't tell me who I can't drive. Stop being a bitch and be nice to Emily."

She scoffed.

"But I'm your girlfriend. You should be driving me not that boyfriend stealing slut."

"I'm not your boyfriend!"

But before either could say anything I cut in.

"I'll just walk. Happy. Just please stop yelling." I said. I hated when people yelled. Cause I always felt guilty. I opened the door and felt a hand holding my wrist. I turned to find Evan shaking his head. He turned to Gracie.

"I'm just riding my real girlfriend home. I hope no hard feelings Gracie." Evan said.

Wait?!?! Did he just say girlfriend.

Evan reached over and closed the door. Then he waved at Gracie who was still in shock. He drove away. We drove in silence back to his house. Once we were there I got out. Evan unlocked the door and I walked upstairs.

"Emily wait." I heard Evan call behind me. I turned on my heels to face him.

"What do you want." I asked trying not to get mad.

"Look I'm sorry I called you my girlfriend. But I know you heard what I said Monday night. And I promise that I was speaking the truth. I like you Emily. Not as in a friend. I love you Emily."

I froze. I knew that he meant it, but I didn't want people teasing him because of me.

"Emily? Please say something." Evan pleaded. Tears welled up in my eyes.