Chapter 30

Emily POV

"I'm sorry to say this....but you have cancer."
___________________________
My eyes snapped open.

I was in a hospital bed and Evan was sleeping in the chair.

"Evan." I whispered. He woke up and looked at me.

"Em! Your ok!" He exclaimed.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"After your performance you got over heated and you passed out. The doctor said you'll be ok." He told me and I let out my breath.

I was only dreaming.

Evan stayed with me all day till they let me out. We drove home around 3. We got home and walked inside. Evan came up behind me and hugged me. He kissed the back of my head.

"Hey." Evan said. I turned around to face him.

"Hey."

"We have to go back to school tomorrow." Evan stated. Then it hit me. Christmas break was over.

"The break went so fast." I said and he nodded.

I hope Sam doesn't do anything tomorrow.
__________________________
Tomorrow

I woke up in Evan's arms. The alarm went off waking both of us up. Evan smiled and kissed my forehead. He went to go get dressed as did I.

I put on a dark blue shirt with a white cardigan. Also with some jeans and some light makeup. I finished it off with some Uggs. I then pulled my hair up into a messy bun and walked down the stair. I ate a quick breakfast with Evan and we left.

"Make sure to stay near me today." Evan said starting up the car.

"Evan. You will not be able to stay with me all day." I said knowing the truth. He just stayed silence the rest of the car ride to the school.

We got to the school and we walked in together holding hands. We walked over to my locker and I got my stuff. He walked me to my homeroom. He said a quick goodbye and left.

I just sat there taking to Austin, but thoughts were running through my head.

What if Sam does something? Why was Evan acting weird? How is Evan going to watch over me?

Soon I was going to find out.
                             **********
"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked the teacher after I turned in my test. She just nodded. I walked out of the classroom and over towards the bathroom. All of a sudden somebody grabbed me and pulled me into a room.

It was one of the rooms that was never used. Sam threw me in the ground and then lit a cigarette.

"I guess I should of hurt you more instead of words. I guess I just have to make it more painful now." He said walking over to me. He kicked me in the ribs and I grasped them in pain.

He bent down next to me and grabbed my arm. He pulled up my sleeve. He burned his cigarette tip into my arm. I whimpered in pain while he did it more times on each arm. After that he kicked me a few more times and stood up.

"Just sit here and rot you ugly bitch." He said. He then just left, but he locked the door on his way out.

I was alone.

I should of died. Then Evan would move on.

I slowly with the help of the wall. Stood myself up. I pulled my cardigan sleeves down, so nobody could see. I stood one step and collapsed.