Chapter 8

By the time Cas arrived she still felt a bit dizzy from all the wine. She didn't want to admit that to herself, nor to Sin. Who probably wouldn't appreciate the fact she was driving buzzed.

Look at Cassidy McBryor the rebel.

She walked into the bar, immediately making eye contact with Sin, who was casually leaning against the bar.
Drink in hand his eyes landed on her, and Cas could have sworn she was experiencing déja vu. The scene was like the first night they met, however this time in reverse.

She was thankful she had dressed up for the bridal shower, wearing a sleek black skirt and a form fitting pink top with a blazer. Cas was additionally wearing a pair of strappy pumps. A much improved outfit from their first meeting.
She managed her most sexiest strut over to where Sin was ordering her drink. Reaching him and boldly planted a kiss on the side of his cheek.

At this point she went with the mentality of "Fuck it".

He looked surprised, and smiled sweetly, "You missed."
She rolled her eyes and grabbed a gin and tonic, knocking it back in one go.
He chuckled, "You really did want a drink didn't you?"
She blushed, the heat from the alcohol reaching her neck which crawled to her cheeks. She needed the boost of confidence alcohol pretended to give to accomplish her goal of sex.

If she had texted him again, she was damn well going to get what she wanted. It was the Cassidy McBryor way.
"I'm tired of being a stuck up workaholic, I need to have some fun every once in a while," emphasizing the fun part. Wow, it's amazing what alcohol will do.
Sin looked at her amused, a daunting amount of affection lingered on his disposition before he replied to her.
"I think every one wants to let go of who they really are, every once and a while."
Cas nodded, grabbing another drink in front of her.

"What kind of person are you?" Cas asked, the alcohol slowly making it harder for her to concentrate as she took back another drink.
Sin's countenance turned dark. She feared she would not receive an answer until he turned to her suddenly grabbing her wrist.
"I'm afraid the type of person I truly am might hurt you.'
He paused, looking off in the distance trying to formulate the words.
'and I never want to hurt you Cassidy. I want to make sure..."

Cassidy tried to hear the last words but she was too dizzy. Standing up, she realized she was definitely not driving at this pont. Perhaps Sin noticed her bevahior as a look of concern washed over his face.
She stumbled forward, landing in the center of his hard chest.
She relaxed into the comfy leather jacket he was wearing. And she could hear a faint heartbeat beneath that quietly lulled her to go to sleep.

She slowly faded away, letting the darkness take over.

__________________________________

The sun broke through the blinds making the room much too bright for Cassidy's liking.
The banging in her head made her feel like she had a rock band concert playing over and over in her head.

No more alcohol for a while, Cas mused rolling over seeing her cat Pickles sprawled out on the floor basking in the sunshine no worries in the world. With no hangover either, lucky cat. She blinked a few times realizing she was home, the last thing she remembered was having a drink with Sin.

Oh god...

She looked to her nightstand where a glass of water and two asprins lay.

She smiled, her heart was warmed by his kind thoughtfulness as she swallowed the two pills. She glanced at the clock, and thanked her lucky stars it was a Saturday and she didn't need to head to work. As she peeled out of her clothes from the night before and stood underneath the warmth of the shower stream she tried to remember last night.

For the life of her she couldn't, the last thing before she woke up was the memory of walking into the bar looking into the eyes of Sin.
She hoped to god that she hadn't done anything to embarrass herself.

She pulled on some ripped jeans with a loose tank top and some sandals. Cas noted this would now make three times Sin had escaped sex with her, what was she getting into? She couldn't help but feel the creep of attachment at the edge of her heart but she refused to let it take root. She made a quick list of pros and cons in her head, hoping the cons would outweigh the pros.

Thoughtful. Check.

Sexy as hell. Double check.

Kind. Check.

Sin's pros were far surpassing the con of a possible relationship. He really was sweet, and obviously hadn't taken advantage of her last night when so many other men could have. The more she interacted with him the more she realized she really didn't know him. Suddenly as if hit by lighting  she remembered Sin's words from the previous night, I'm afraid the type of person I truly am might hurt you..

What did that mean??

There was definitely the question of who he was trying to be versus who he really was. Cas knew Sin was hiding something, like he wasn't completely letting himself be free around her and he was holding back.

Cas decided right then that if she was to pursue him, to keep going on dates with this guy that she would not agree to any formalities until all their cards were on the table. Until she knew he could be trusted fully.

Cassidy McBryor, who would've thought, might actually be ready for this thing called dating.

She chuckled to herself, imagining the local papers with the headline of: LOCAL BUSINESSWOMAN FINALLY GETS BOYFRIEND
It was an event, a historical monument at least in her life. It was as if a new Cassidy had stepped into her shoes with fresh determination to engage Sin. After her brief daydream her phone rung, Sin's name appearing onscreen and her heart skipped a beat.

"Feeling better?" he voiced.

"The banging has resided, thanks for the asprin. And....for taking me home."

"Haha I'm glad you finally let yourself go..as you put it anyway, I'm just sad our time last night was very brief."

Cas inwardly groaned, "I'm...sorry Did I....do anything stupid last night?" She bit her bottom lip hoping she hadn't begged for this man to spend the night in her bed.

"Besides fall adorably unconscious in my arms, you didn't cause too much trouble."

Did he just say adorable?

Cas sighed, "Well...I think it's time for another proper date. I did like that romantic picnic.." she trailed off remembering their night of steamy fun which seem so long ago now, when in reality it had only been a couple days.
"Yes...I did too..But today I have something else in mind."
Cassidy's heart leaped, she felt the familiar heat crawl up her neck as her breath hitched in her throat.

"I can't wait." She also couldn't wait to ask him the questions that were burning in the back of her head.