42

Aphmau's  POV

  Aaron: hey!

   me: hey, aaron! how are you?

  Aaron: I'm great. what about you? i heard about everything.. hope you're doing fine.

   Me: oh, yeah! im doing okay. thanks, Aaron. that's really sweet of you.

   "Who ya' texting?" Garroth asked as I looked up to see him sit down across from me.

  "This guy from my journalism class," I slightly smiled.

  His expression hardened.

   "He's just a friend," I reassured him.

   He looked away, letting out a hard breath.

   Aaron: hey... aph?

   "See? He's texting me right now. He's probably going to say something like 'what's the homework' or something dumb. I don't see why you're getting jealous."

   Me: yes?

   Aaron: would you like to go out? not as boyfriend and girlfriend of course. maybe just out?

    Damnit.

    I bit my lip.

    "What?" He asked. "What did he say?"

     "Nothing," I snapped.

     "He said something."  He stood up, looking over my shoulder as I fumbled to delete the text.

    His fists clenched. "Well, go ahead. Tell him you like him."

   "What?!" He was just being ridiculous.

    "You obviously don't like me."

   "Garroth, where is this even coming from?!" I asked. "There is nothing going on between me and any one except for you!"

   "Why are you even dating me?!"

"Garroth, stop." I said quietly. "I'm not arguing with you over something so stupid. Nothing has happened between me and anyone else, okay?"

"Bullshit."

"Bullshit?! I was just less stabbed than two days ago! I helped you! Are you going crazy?! Why do you think I'm dating you?!"

"...Why?"

    "Because I love you!"

His face fell, and I bit my lip, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"I love you, damnit." I whispered, my voice cracking. "And I don't know why you're acting like that, but it hurts."

I stood up, lightly shoving him to the side. "I might be back later."