23

Aphmau

    "Vylad?!"

    I couldn't believe it. He's gotten so big!

  I used to tutor him when he was around ten. But he was super short... Look at him now!

  "It's so great to see you!" I smiled. He stood up, reaching out to hug me, and I hugged back for a brief moment.

   "It's awesome to see you too." He smiled back. "How've you been?"

  "I've been great." I said. I looked over to see Garroth greeting his mum. "You?"

  "I've been pretty good." He sat down on the opposite side of the table, next to Zianna. "Take a seat. Mum's been really excited for you to come."

   I looked to Garroth. He was done talking to Zianna. He pulled out the chair for me, making me smile and Zianna let out an 'Awwwwwww'.

   I sat down, mouthing a thank you to him. He smiled and nodded, sitting next to me.

  Zianna smiled. "Hi, Aphmau sweetie."

  "Hi." I slightly laughed. "It's really nice to actually meet you."

   "Oh, the pleasure is all mine." She waved her hand. "So, how long have you been in love with my Gar Gar?

   Garroth sighed, and I felt my face go red.

   "Mum," Garroth said. "Please."

    "Way to be blunt." Vylad rolled his eyes.

    "Oh, my bad!" She giggled. "Sorry!"

     "It's okay." I pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Zianna smiled and began talking to Vylad about something.

   Garroth nudged me softly, making me look over at him. "Are you okay?"

   "Why wouldn't I be?" I whispered.

   "Uh.. I don't know." He laughed lightly, whispering back. "I'm just sorry for my mum. She's always like this to Vylad, too."

"Vylad's had girlfriends?" I smiled. "Wow."

"Yeah," he laughed. "One or two."

We kept talking, sharing a laugh and smile until we heard a click of a camera. Slowly, we both turned our heads to Zianna, who began laughing nervously and hid her phone behind her.

Another blush crept up my face, and Garroth coughed, signaling obviously for Zianna to stop. She nodded, clearing her throat.

The waiter came up to us, smiling widely. We ordered our food and drinks, and began talking again.

"So, Aphmau, tell me about yourself." Zianna folded her hands, resting her chin on them and propping them up on her elbows.

"There really isn't much to know..But I guess one thing is that you might know my mother." I suggested.

"Really?" She asked. "What's her name?"

"Lily." I said. "Lily Lorde?"

"Yes!" She smiled. "Actually, I do! It's been forever though.. wow! We used to work together!"

"Small world." I smiled back.

"Oh, indeed. How's she been?"