Chapter 7

Xander's POV

When you come to think about it, packing is a difficult task. You have to decide what to bring and what not to, but eventually you end up with a lot of things you think you need, but you don't actually need them. Typical human complexions. Tonight, I leave this place behind. I tend to not leave anything behind, but as I said before, I needed to pack light. To be honest, I don't own a lot of things here. Most of them are made for fun like the false books. I packed some clothes, tools, my notebooks and that was mostly it. Huh, packing can actually be easy when you strictly restrict your items.

I plodded out the door to see how Astrid was doing. I knocked, but no one answer so I went in. She was still asleep, her arms and legs all over the place, the blanket laying on the ground. I laughed silently at her sleeping position, and took a picture of her. Yes, I actually have my own phone too. Turns out me and Astrid had more in common than we expected. I lied about not having a phone while I kept mine in one of my false book all this time. I swapped the books sometimes so people won't notice it, but sometimes I keep changing till I forget which book it was in. The picture was kind of blurry but at least I had it. Revenge for the picture I saw in Astrid's phone of me sleeping in English class. I decided not to wake her so I went over and sat on the bean bag. As I looked over to the desk right beside the bean bag, there was a pink notebook that was clearly Astrid's. A pen was laid beside it, uncapped. She must have been writing before she fell asleep. I thought it was fair if I sneaked a peek of what she writes since she admitted to having read my poems last week, though I did not tell her who those were meant for. Her notebook was kept simple, only a few words on each page. She started the notebook the second day she got here.

14 January: Ugh.

15 January: Dark, brown eyes. Dimpled smiles. Great laugh.

16 January: First carousel.

She has carousels too! I started reading only some pages from each month.

13 February: Valentine's eve, no such thing, but hey, I'mma single.

14 February: Congratulations Veronica and Darwin! Can't wait to ruin your wedding day.

5 March: So bored. Missing Hollywood.

18 March: Carousel. Carousel. Carousel.

31 March: Willa is Mrs. Scar a lot's daughter? UNBELIEVABLE.

1 April: Shakespeare in English, yay. Shh.

9 April: Finally leaving with Xan. 12 a.m. Wild.

I didn't quite understand some of her writing but I can tell she can't wait to get out of here. Astrid woke up when I closed her notebook. Right on time.

"Wake up and pack you lazy ass." I said, folding my arms in front of my chest.

"Why should I even listen to you? Which idiot would wake up in-" she checked her clock on the nightstand, "Seven thirty in the morning- are you out of your mind?!" She screamed laughing. Astrid hates it when she doesn't get enough sleep. She'll be in a bad mood for a few hours and eventually lighten up. I also learnt that if you buy her ice cream, she'll lighten up faster.

"Ugh. Xander, it's a Sunday. Give me a hundred thousand reasons, no repetition,  why I should ever, in my entire awesome life, wake up this early?" She pressed her face into a pillow and groaned.

"It's Monday. And plus, when are you going to pack if you're not going to do it now?" I replied.

She sat up, lifting the blanket up from the floor and placing it on her lap. "Xan, I'm not exactly the genius in math and time management, but I can tell that class starts at eight, ends at three thirty and since we're leaving at midnight, I'm pretty sure that I have time in the afternoon."