Chapter 13

Xander's POV

Earlier in the day, Cameron told me that he had been hanging out with Astrid a lot lately, and she wanted a necklace she found at this antique store. He thinks I should get it for her which of course I would, now that I've patched things up with her. I was fine with the conversation up until then, but Cameron followed up telling me that I should try to tell Astrid the truth, that she was a nice girl and she would understand. But he didn't know why I was hiding it from her. I can't risk hurting someone I love again. I got mad, screamed at him, and that was when Astrid was outside.

She was hurt. I did what I'm not supposed to do. Her eyes were instantly filled with tears, her face in horror, not believing what she just heard. I watched as her figure disappeared into the streets. I ran out to chase after her, bare foot, but she's nowhere to be found. I screamed her name. We'll probably get a complaint from Alaska tomorrow. It was drizzling outside, I was worried. I didn't mean for her to know the truth. I was going to tell her sooner or later, but of course, later is my choice. I circled the area for a few times searching for her, but she was gone. I had to find her. But this place is huge, maybe she'll come back after a few hours. She just need some space right?

What've I done? I asked myself as I rushed back to the house. I waited for hours in the house, pacing back and forth in the living room. Cameron came out and sighed a few times, but he understood I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. It was his fault all of these happened.

I waited up for hours, my whole body sweating, heart beating with worry. I'm sure worry lines are going to be on my forehead before I'm even thirty. My heart, brain and almost every cell was hoping that Astrid would just walk in the door. But she didn't, and I performed the worst mistake in my life that night- falling asleep while I'm supposed to be looking for her.

If you like this story remember to vote for the chapters and comment below! I hope it's not too late to add a dedication chapter. 'Cause I just did. xxAllison