Chapter 25

Astrid's POV

"So where did Miss-I-want-to-go-shopping-with-Xandy kidnapped you off to?" I asked through the window when Xander entered his room. Sabrina just dropped him off in her silver Mercedes, leaving a trail of evil as she sped off blowing him a kiss which I'm pretty sure Xander shrugged off. Veronica dropped Caleb and I home hours ago.

"I don't even want to think about it. She dragged me into cosmetic stores and even made me wait outside the Victoria Secret fitting room when she tried on outfits. Remind me to call the police the next time we see her at the mall." He said in disgust.

"You could've just asked to go home earlier," I muttered loud enough so he could hear it. I took a glance at my phone, it was already four in the afternoon.

"I tried, but she kept on saying 'one last store'." Xander sighed, his eyes running up and down scanning the textbooks sprawled out in front of his desk. Right, homework.

"Now you know why I merely dislike her."

"You hate her!" He jerked, laughing. "Asteroid."

I sat down at my desk against the window and grabbed a pen, starting to work on my homework too. "Okay, exactly what can I do to get you to stop calling me that?"

"You could start off by getting me the coffee from heaven that I clearly did not finish because someone snatched it from me while I was being kidnapped by a witch," Xander said, his tone sassy.

"I recall someone bragging about how they could brew a better coffee than Starbucks!" I gasped, obviously faking it.

"I wonder who said that." We snicker in unison.

It was peculiar, that afternoon. Just sitting by my desk torturing my brain with alphabets and numbers that I clearly understand if they were separated, but no! the teacher just had to smash them in one equation, cracking jokes at Xander and vice versa, and listening to the chirping of birds occasionally as Xander played some Green Day songs. Green Day.

The record was still lying in my drawer somewhere in my girl-cave. Sometimes I will stumble upon it and hesitate if I should give it to Xander, but there's no point in it since he forgot. He still likes Green Day now, that's something that never changed, but he doesn't know I know he likes it.

After a few hours of mental calculations and physical writing of essays, I collapsed. This is one of those days where I, Astrid Stewarts, actually sat down and had the work ethic to finish school work. Credits should go to Xander, but I did everything on my own. High five, me.

"We're going out for dinner," Caleb knocked on my door and informed me. Xander had left his desk already so I closed my window shade.

"Okay." I jumped out of my chair, touched up my makeup and combed my hair in the blink of an eye and hopped right into my parents' car, still wearing the same shirt and shorts from this morning. I'm far too worn out to change into something nice.

Just when I thought that I could maybe take a quick nap in the car, I forgot something so important yet frustrating. Aunt Hilda didn't come here with her own car which means all six of us are supposed to squeeze in a car. The men, my dad and Uncle Andrew, took the driver and passenger's seat whereas mom, Aunt Hilda, Caleb and I's shoulders and hips were tightly touching like a pack of sardines. This is just great.

"When are your parents going to leave?" I whispered into Caleb's ear when the adults were starting to heat off in a, well, adult conversation.

"I don't know but seriously, I wish they'd leave too. I'm so sick of their nagging." Caleb murmured beside my ear as he rolled his eyes. I had to admit, even though this cousin of mine has some self-esteem-overload issues, he was still related to me and we share a little in common.