Chapter 20

Astrid's POV

"I still can't believe you met Chris Evans without me! What kind of parent does that?" I proclaimed playfully. My parents' laughs chimed through the living room, which I followed by bursting into chuckles. It was true. The three days my parents flew to Los Angeles which Veronica stayed with me for, they met Chris Evans at the premieres for 'Captain America: Civil War'.

My parents stopped holding the grudge of me running away from school and now it's all good. No more interviews and the people at school stopped judging me. It's been a month since I've been back in Lower East Side. I mean seriously, Father Time is doing an excellent job, but Sister Memory isn't. I'm aware how that name is weird, I'm still working on it. For the past two months Xander would pop into my brain for a few minutes, then disappear when I have a distraction.

A few moments later, a familiar honking came from outside of the house. I threw my bag over my shoulders and marched outside to meet Veronica in her brand new car.

"Hey, licensed driver!" I screamed.

"You know I am!" Veronica giggled. She got her license last week and her dad bought her a new car which arrived yesterday.

"Let's go, we're late." I ushered, bouncing into the passenger seat and cranking up the radio as we speed away to school in Veronica's red convertible.

"People are going to be so jealous, you're practically the first in our grade to drive."

Veronica winked at me as we searched for parking spaces in the lot. I spotted an empty space near the front door and pointed it out to Veronica. A minute later, I realized what I did.

Getting out of the car feeling like nothing can ruin today, I turned to see Sabrina and her minions in her Ferrari right behind us, glaring at me with her squinty eyes.

"That is my spot, loser." She muttered, but it was a loud mutter.

"Too bad, it's ours now, Sabrina the teenage witch!" I boomed.

Sabrina was much like the witch from the show, except she is pure evil, the total opposite of the witch Melissa Hart portrayed.

"Just wait and see Stewarts, it won't be for long." She spat and cruised away.

I roamed the halls with Veronica waiting for the bell to ring before we headed into the hell hole.

Surprisingly enough, even though Sabrina left her venom on me, she didn't do anything except for trying to trip me in the cafeteria which turned into a big laugh when she missed me and tripped Luke Dallas who was right behind me. Joke is on her and Luke's relationship.

It's now English class, and I was sitting in front of the class. The teacher was in the middle of teaching something totally absurd when fortunately, the speaker sent a screeching noise through all of New York.

"Good afternoon, Lower East Side! I'm aware many of you are in the middle of the class, but I have an important announcement. The class of 2016 is going to be graduating in two months which is why the prom is shifted to exactly five weeks from now. I hope everyone is aware of that. Due to that arrangement, student campaigns and vote for prom kings and queens will start as of tomorrow in the cafeteria. That is all, have a good day."

With all the chaos happening in my life, I almost lost track of my age. That's right people, I, Astrid Stewarts, am officially turning seventeen on prom night. Thinking of prom, it just gives me so much energy to get pumped up and listen to the rest of what the teacher has to say for the rest of the day. It's not that I'm running for prom queen or anything, I just love parties that kinda celebrate me.