Chapter Three: His Thrill

Stop staring. Don’t STARE at him! Great now he probably thinks you have some mental problem. Stop STARING!

My mind could only run in circles. He said yes. This beautiful guy said yes. Wait…. What? Beautiful? Did I really just call him beautiful? I sound so….. gay. I am not gay.

But he said YES!                                 

I quickly shut my gaping mouth as the guy’s smile faltered a bit, concern flashing through his eyes. “Are you okay?” he asked waving his hands in front of my face. He has black nail polish on…. epic.

I blinked, blushing furiously. “Yeah I’m, uh, fine, I just didn’t…. I mean… I didn’t expect you to, uh… say yes,” I confessed.

He gave me a weird look. I mentally slapped myself about fifty times. You are the biggest, most ultimate loser in this planet you know that? I’m probably the biggest idiot in the universe.

My converse clad feet shuffled on the cold marble floor as my hands gripped the plastic bag handles tightly. I felt like an idiot standing there aimlessly staring at the ground. My pale skin seemed almost sickly pale in the harsh fluorescent light. I wondered what kind of person Accel saw standing before him right now. A skinny, sleep deprived, gangly teenager with matted hair and dead eyes probably. Some kind of freak with no life and no sense of life left in him. An average person; someone not worth his time. For some indescribable reason I felt extremely disheartened by this thought.  I risked another glance at him flinching slightly when his eyes met mine. Did my heart just skip?

He bit his lip awkwardly. “Look uh, do you want me to grab my stuff and then we can go? I just have to do a couple of things… I’ll only be a couple of minutes, I swear,” he said almost apologetically.

I had trouble responding, the words just wouldn’t force their way through my closed off throat. Finally I managed a stricken, “sure”.

His concern grew suddenly, green eyes lightening as they filled with slight worry. “Are you sure you don’t want a drink or anything? You look kind of sick?” Subconsciously I took note of the sound of his voice.

I must be really tired; really, REALLY tired.

My hand was shaking as I reached quickly into one of the shopping bags withdrawing a red bull can after some struggle. I cracked it open and was gulping it down within seconds.

Accel raised his pierced eyebrow. “You, uh, might wanna slow down on that?” he said as he packed up his register, taking the float and placing it on the switched off counter. He seemed to hesitate, mulling something over in his head before slowly turning and gazing at me, those jade orbs burning into my soul. He smiled suddenly. “I want to show you something,” he said whispering.

He was sexy when he whispered… sexy? Ugh. This was getting to the point of ridiculous I had to stop these thoughts and stop them now…. otherwise people would think I was, well, gay.

I still leaned in, curiosity getting the best of me. From here I could smell him a musky scent, weaving around my senses, heightening them to insane levels. I was so drawn in I didn’t realise until he breathed in my ear that he was right next to my face. Heat traced its way across my cheek with each breath. I could smell the mint gum on his breath and I swayed on my feet from this heady feeling I was getting. My hands fisted in my shirt with anticipation, the dark brown layers covering my ear shuffling with each one of his sweet breaths.

This is ridiculous, I thought desperately.

I felt one of his hands rest on my shoulder, its heat burning through the thin layer of my grey shirt. His wrist bands snagged on the soft material; the contact sending slight shocks through me. Oh my god, I’m going to die. What is he doing? Is he going to kiss me? No, no I can’t handle that…. I can’t like him… then why do I LIKE this? I AM NOT GAY! I can’t be gay…