Chapter 33

Bella P.O.V

The bright light of the sun woke me up the next morning. It was very early in the morning and I was the first one to wake up in the entire group. I untangle myself from Edward, looking toward the sun's light. I haven't seen anything so bright and beautiful, only in one particular place where the sun shined with such force.

The light comes between the leaves of the trees, illuminating the sky in a orangish color. I slowly get up, careful not to wake anyone up and follow it. There must be some open space where it allows the light to pass through like this.

I walk toward the light, my steps were careful enough not to make enough noise to wake anyone up. I walk through the trees, ducking over some broken branches and jumping over fallen trees. The little cramp feeling always came back with every movement I made but I chose to ignore it. It wasn't painful and I could bare walking.

I walk for almost what seems ten minutes until I stop. From where I stand in between the trees, I see the open space just a few steps ahead of me. It only takes a moment for me to realize where I find myself, that I know what this place is and where it is located.

It's the meadow.

It's the meadow!

I laugh, running toward it until I find myself in the open space. The beautiful meadow. The sun was rising, illuminating the sky in the beautiful blue just like I remember it. The flowers were colorful, the grass went up as high as my knees. It was truly spectacular. If I'm at the meadow, that means I'm just another ten minutes away from home!

I look around, trying to make sense of where exactly I am and what way I should go to go home. Home was always west, that means that if I'm facing south, then home at my right!

"Bella? Bella, where are you?" I heard Edward's voice coming from the trees.

"I'm here!" I called back, ignoring again the pain in my belly. "Edward, I'm here!"

Edward, followed by Martin and the rest of the group. They all had they machetes and knifes out, they probably thought I was in some sort of danger. Suddenly I realize that perhaps leaving without telling them wasn't a good idea but I found the meadow, I found our way home without having to go all the way to the river. This is our short cut.

I walk up to Edward, taking his knife from his hand. He tried to yank it away from me but I step back.

"Edward, it's the meadow!" I say, looking back at the meadow. "It's... It's the meadow, it's our way home. We're home!" I say with enthusiasm but Edward did not show any at all.

Instead of looking happy or enthusiastic, he looked concerned and even sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Edward, it's the meadow, how can you not-"

"I do recognize it," he said.

"Then?"

He sighed. "Bella, let's go back on the trial."

"Why? This is our way home."

"Bella, please, just listen to Edward," Martin said, he looked just like he did. Was there something they are not telling me?

"No," I said. "This is my way home. The way to Forks."

"Bella, please." Edward stepped forward to grab my arm but I step back, his eyes pop open. Without realizing it, I've raised the knife at him. "Bella, put the knife down. You're going to hurt yourself."

"Not until you tell me where are you taking me," I demanded with a stern tone. Could he be on Jacob's side? Could they all be?

"I want to go home," I said, my throat tightening with emotion. "This is my way home."