Chapter 38

Bella P.O.V

I was moved to a different room after the incident. Someone had to come in my room and check on me every hour, the door was not to be locked and those were Edward's orders. My father said that in his letter back he didn't seem very happy about the situation. Alice isn't as thrilled with me either, she barely speaks a word to me.

A few days passed before I received a word from Edward. In his letter he expressed how worried and mad he was at me because of what happened and also said he would be coming down for a day or two before he had to leave again. That was the only good part about the letter, I was happy that I'd see him again though it hasn't been more than a week since I last saw him.

As I waited in my room for my dinner, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

Esme stepped in with a shy smile. I smile back at her, though I am a little upset that she would lie to the Harrison family saying I was Edward's wife. We're still not married.

"What can I help you with?" I asked as I sat up on my bed.

She sat next to me and took my hands in hers. "I heard Edward was coming back soon."

I nod. "Yeah, he said it would be for a day or two. He has to go back to Portland soon."

She nodded. "Yeah, I've seen it's really hard to spend time together with all that's happened." She paused for a second and smiled again at me. "Bella, I don't want to sound very pushy but it is of importance that you and Edward marry."

I take a deep breath. "Esme, I know why it is important, trust me I know. However, the deal was that it would happen once I was fully recovered."

"Yes, Bella, I understand but right now the circumstances are worse than what they were back in Portland."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the Harrison suspect you two are not actually married and Martin was in your bedroom alone, it's very improper for a lady. Especially for a pregnant one. You're almost four months along, it won't be along until you start showing and people will talk."

"Why should I care what people talk about?" Is it really that important? In the time that Edward and I spent together in Forks, it never crossed my mind to marry him immediately. I didn't really think about it but the time we live in it is essential that we must marry.

"It's for your own good, Bella, and your child's. I was thinking that perhaps we could have a private ceremony here, nothing big. Just to get it over with."

I sigh and look down at my hands. Esme is a really nice person and I know she doesn't do this just for the hell of it. She cares about me and Edward and she doesn't want people talk bad about her family. She's right, people do talk and even when I don't give two damns about it, it's for my family's good.

"Okay, once Edward knows about it tell me and we'll do it."

Her smile grew bigger. "Thank you, sweetheart. I'll send a word to Edward and tell him to come as soon as possible. You don't have to worry about a thing, okay? I'll take care of the entire thing."

"Thank you."

She kissed my forehead and stood up. "Oh, and the town's doctor will come this afternoon to check on you. He is aware of your condition."

"Thank you. Send him in immediately as soon as he arrives."

"Will do, honey."

Once Esme left, I was all alone in my room. It was just me and my thoughts like it has lately been. I've got no one to talk to. Alice is too mad at me, Rosalie is busy with her own family and Edward is in Portland and even when I was there he was always gone. I sigh, rubbing my still flat belly. I'll be four months soon and usually woman don't start to show until their fifth month.