Chapter 36

Bella P.O.V

The days that followed after I received the news about my Nana, I was clearly instructed by my doctor to remain in bed as much as possible. Edward's family and mine took turns to come and check on me for whatever I needed while Edward was gone for the day. At night, Edward took perfectly good care of me until sunrise, when he had to leave again.

I have no idea what he does throughout the day. Whenever I try to ask for him to anybody, regarding who it is I am asking, they always tell me he will he here soon. Well, soon is always at ten at night. I tried to ask him but he evaded the question by doing the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He talked to my stomach.

"Edward, you do know that he or she is barely far from reach to hear you?" I told him as his hand rubbed my stomach. "He is far too small to understand."

"It does not matter," he responded. "I like to talk to him."

"Where have you-"

"Do you think Anthony is a good name?" He asked, interrupting me from asking once again where was he all day.

"Why?"

"Because that's my father's name. My real father."

"You mean you're biological father, right?"

He nods in response. "He was very important to me. I'd like to name my son after him."

"You do know it might be a girl," I replied, running my hands through his hair.

"Then, we shall name her Bella."

"No."

"No?"

"No," I insist. "Isabella is a far too common name. I'd like to name her differently."

"Like what?"

"Renée, like my mother."

"I think we can use that," he whispered. "Can we use Anne as a second name?"

"As in?" I asked.

He smiled. "Anne as in Anne. I've always liked that name for a girl. It reminds me of certain lady I met in Seattle."

I gasp. "Well now you've crossed the line." And I smack him on the head.

He laughed and looked at me. "Isabella, you know there's never been any other woman that I've ever laid eyes on that was not you."

"That better be true," I reply.

Another night passed where he never answered my question. It went like that for almost two weeks as I continued to recover. He would leave early in the morning, come back at night, talk to me for a while though he never talked enough and go to sleep while holding me. After a while I stopped trying to ask and figured that perhaps once he was ready he would tell me.

So, I decided to go to my easy source of information. I've been noticing the small looks Alice gave Edward whenever he came in the room at night. The kind of look that said she knew something I didn't. Edward would always wave her off.

"Alice, is there something Edward is not telling me?" I asked as we sowed one of my favorite dresses. I was almost recovered to the point where I could walk around the room and I was starting to lay off the nightgowns and robes to start wearing my old dresses without the corset.

Alice tensed up beside me. "Not that I know of, no."

"Not that you know of?"

She cleared her throat. "No. Why? Do you think he's hiding something from you?"