The Longest Week Pt 2

As we pulled up to the lumbar yard I instantly saw his dangerously sexy Chevelle and immediately grew excited.

"I should be at the mall for about an hour if you're gonna want a ride." She said as she stopped her car, "call me otherwise I'll assume you're getting a ride home from Dean."

I nodded and carefully got out of the car.

I didn't see very many people walking around the lumberyard and figured this would be their slower time of the day as people were just getting off of work.

I made my way to the actual store that was on the land and was greeted by a woman probably a little older than Dean.

"Welcome to Giles, can I help you find something today?"

"Yes, I was actually looking for my...-"

Sudden I was faced with a conundrum, had Dean told anyone about is being mates? I know for a fact that I had never seen this female before and therefore I don't even know if she's a wolf (even though I have and odd suspicion that she is a wolf). I could call him my boyfriend but once again what would Dean think?

"Miss?" She sounded.

I looked up at her, "sorry, I'm here to see Dean."

She nodded, "I'm sorry but he isn't here."

"But I saw his car parked."

She smiled and shook her head, "no he's working but he isn't here on the property, he's actually out picking up a shipment with some of the other guys, I expect they should be arriving soon."

I felt my cheeks pink.

"If you'd like I can call him and let him know you're here."

"Oh please, no...if you don't mind though, is there somewhere I can stay out of the way but wait for him?"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sat in his office."

She signaled another girl to cover the front and then I followed the raven haired beauty through the store filled with doors, window frames, hardware of all kinds of various metals, and planks of multiple woods.

"I'm Dottie by the way."

"Cassandra." I replied.

We finally reached a couple of doors with silver placards that read their names, F. Giles and D. Giles.

She turned the handle and I was greeted by a pretty average looking office, the only exception being that instead of a couple of chairs seated in front of the desk, there was a long sofa instead.

Dottie led me toward the sofa and insisted I have a seat, "can I get you anything Cassandra, a beverage or a snack perhaps?"

"No thank you." I smiled. "How long have you known the Giles?" I asked to both make polite conversation with the helpful lady, as well as snoop for answers.

She smiled "only recently, I'm going to marry into the Giles clan."

"Sounds ambitious." I chuckled nervously, what if this chick had her sights set on Dean?

She laughed an attractive tinkling sort of laugh, "my apologies you misunderstood me, I am already engaged to a nephew of Mr Giles...we aren't allowed to wear rings here at work for safety purposes."

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for insinuating-"

"Think nothing of it sweetie, Dean should be here soon, if you open up his blinds you can see right out into the yard when the guys pull in."

After that she left me alone.

I got up and took her suggestion by opening the blinds, I was surprised to find that the windows were basically floor to ceiling sheets of glass. I wondered how Dean ever got any work done in here without distracting himself by looking out his giant Windows?

Of course I walked around his office, there was a couple of bookshelves, there were a few books and magazines here and there, some about business and other about cars. He also had a picture of his parents (I had never actually met his mom but have seen her at various pack meetings or around town) and himself and Ryan in a cap and gown from their graduation ceremony.

He had his high school diploma on the wall as well as a couple of other achievements; sales man of the year and an Associates Degree in Business.

I sat down in his chair behind the desk and noted that it was kind of bland.

He had his computer and keyboard, a stapler, tape dispenser, paper clips, as well as a Newton's Cradle.

I grabbed one of the little metal spheres and released it setting to motion the device.

Occasionally I would succumb to looking out the windows were I would watch on as various people came and went, some people leaving with truck fulls of stuff while others only walked out with receipts. In the time I waited the sky had begun to take on the shades of the setting sun.

I looked down at my phone and noticed that I still had a little time before Stephanie would be leaving the mall.

As I contemplated whether I should ask her to pick me up I turned around and looked out the windows once more. This time I watched more than intrigued as not only was a large truck now in the yard, but also Dean, in a muscle shirt and jeans helped unload the entire truck.

Every now and again I watched as he would take a break to drink some water or take a moment to laugh at something with the rest of the guys. Finally they seemed to be all done, I watched as he grabbed his usually button up style too and sling it over his shoulder before making his way toward the building.

I closed the blinds and moved back over to the sofa as I knew Dottie would inform him I was waiting on him.

No sooner had I settled into my spot back on the sofa did the door to the office open.

I stood up and looked at Dean.

He closed the door behind him before he placed his top on the sofa and stepped right up to me, he took my face into both of his hands. "You don't know how much I've missed you."

Maybe it was his sudden closeness, or the fact that his sweaty body was making his scent overwhelm my better judgment, he went to rest his forehead against my own and instead I angled my chin up as he was bringing his down and I touched my lips ever so softly against his.

Still holding onto my face he looked right into my eyes.

I had stolen his first kiss, I felt like an asshole.

I had told him that I would wait until he was ready and here I was basically taking what I wanted.

Still looking directly into my eyes I watched as his warm eyes took on that familiar dark tint right before I felt his eager lips press against mine.