Chapter 37" The summer vacations begins"

Terry was looking at the majestic castle. Richard Grandchester liked beautiful homes and this one was no exception. Was Candy already there? He wanted to surprise her. So he got to the gate he rang the bell. Someone arrived to ask him what he wanted. It was a man, dressed like a butler.

- I'd like to see Miss Candy, please...

- And you are?

- Terrence Andrew

- One moment please...

The man left and got in the castle. The duke was passing by and he asked the butler, who was the man in question.

- Who is that young man, Stuart?

- Terrence Andrew, he looking for Miss Candy...

- Miss Candy has bigger fish to fry... but let him in, I'll see him...

- Very well Your Grace.

The butler went to get Terry at the gate.

- Follow me please...

- Thank you, said Terry obedient

He followed the butler and he met the duke...

- Welcome to my castle Terrence! Said the duke smiling, I'm the duke of Grandchester, Candy's father

- Oh, said Terry, pleased to meet you, Your Grace

- You've met my daughter in college?

- Euh... yes

- Is she still behaving badly? She's doing anything to get my attention

- It doesn't seem to be working...

- You know Candice is a very difficult child and very spoiled. If I satisfy all of her whims, it will never end. For example, everything she does in that school is to attract my attention. You know she can drive her car everyday to go to school every day and she's rather stay in boarding school?

- Really? You didn't send her there?

- Of course not... I wanted to stay home with my daughter to keep an eye on her... she's my flower; I'm keeping her for princes...

While they were talking, they walked to the garden where there was a barbecue and where Candy was keeping company to Prince Andrea...

- There she is with Prince Andrea, don't they make a beautiful couple? I can already picture the wedding... My little girl will become a princess...

Terry felt like they were ripping his heart out of his chest and stepping on it. He always knew that Candy wasn't a girl for him, she was dating princes, she had big ambitions, to become the sovereign of a country. She has nothing to do with a little orphan like him... What was he thinking? He allowed himself to dream, because he couldn't stop thinking about her.

- She didn't tell you she was dating a boy from her school? Said Terry hurt

- Candy doesn't date boys from her school, she rather date princes... the boys at her school are old fashioned, she said, they don't deserve her attention... otherwise, I wouldn't have invited prince Andrea here to keep her company...

- Oh, said Terry hurt

They met a blond man.

- Oh look, it's Mark Lester! Said the duke, you probably know the movie "Oliver!" That was him when he was still good looking...

Terry had Mark Lester in front of him, the actor of his favourite movie, but he wasn't able to appreciate the moment of his presence...

- Hi, said Mark smiling

- Hello, said Terry dryly

He looked at Candy laughing with her prince... His heart was hurting and Mark Lester wasn't going to cheer him up...

- Excuse me Your Grace, Mr. Lester; I don't feel so goof ... I have to go...

Terry turned around and left the Grandchester castle almost running out of there. His head was spinning... Candy didn't know he was in Scotland, he was supposed to go back to the United Stated and he might not be coming back England next year... But to see her with the prince, didn't hurt any less. She was comfortable with him... There was no way he would've known that she was bored to death, that she was pretending to be interested in the prince's conversation and that she couldn't stop thinking about him.

Terry was walking around without knowing where he was going. He arrived by the lake and he saw a beautiful woman, who looked sad. She was wearing glasses and a hat. Terry approached her.

- Are you ok? He asked

- I'm fine, said the lady sniffling

- Do you need help?

- No, I'm fine, thank you...

Terry looked at her closer, he recognized Eleonor Baker. She probably came to see Candy... But since she was busy with Prince euro-trash, the duke had probably sent Eleonor Baker away, telling her that his princess was busy and didn't want to see her.

- Life is funny, isn't it? Said the lady, we spend our time trying to become famous, then we forget where we come from... and what's important... and when they send you to hell, it hurts so much...

The lady left in tears. Terry understood her pain. Eleonor Baker, the big movie star, the Oscar winner, sent away by Candice Grandchester, her secret daughter... too busy having fun with her euro trash prince to speak to the women who gave her life! Sometimes, Candice Grandchester was really the bitch they say she was... He would've given to have his mother with him, anything... Oh Candy! He took a few steps and stumbled upon a book; he picked it up, it was "Romeo and Juliet" he opened it and he saw the name: Eleonor Baker... He turned around to see if she was still there, but she was already gone. Too bad, he'll give it back to her if he gets the occasion, or he'll go to her hotel to give it back to her...