Chapter 30"A new home for Einstein"

Thanks to Candy, Terry was able to send and email to Billie to tell him he won't be participating to the May Festival, and he explained why. Not knowing he was actually writing to his mother... He sent an email to Georgina. But he didn't send one to his adoptive mother, since he had never seen her anyway.

The next morning, Sister Margaret went to see Terry in the detention room.

- Good morning Terrence.

- Good morning Sister Margaret.

- Have you thought about your behaviour?

- Yes, I did. I would like to know if I could apologise to the reverend mother...

- I'm happy to hear that, my son. Apologising is always a good thing.

- I'm sorry for losing it yesterday...

- You and Patrick come with me.

- What about Einstein? Said Terry.

- Take him with you, but keep him in his cage...

She opened the door for the both of them and they walked to the reverend mother's office. Sister Margaret knocked on the door. They heard the severe voice say:

- Come in...

They all got in.

- Reverend mother, said Sister Margaret, Mr. Andrew has something to say to you...

- I'm listening, said the reverend mother.

- Thank you for letting us out, said Terry, I would like to apologise for being rude yesterday and for calling you a monster.

- I would like to apologise for breaking the rules by bringing an animal inside the school, said Patrick.

- Apologies accepted, said the reverend mother, your punishment is lifted, you will be participating to the May Festival, Mr. Andrew...

Patrick and Terrence looked at each other.

- Thank you , reverend mother, said Terry.

- Find another home for that creature...You're dismissed, said the reverend mother coldly.

The two boys got out of the room. Sister Margaret looked at her superior.

- Did I miss something?

- You missed Georgina Johnson's phone call, saying that Miss Andrew was very upset to learn what happened to her son... protecting a living being shouldn't be punished and that if I didn't want everybody to hear how us nuns, who are supposed to preach love and charity to any living being, are treating children who wanted to protect a poor living creature as criminals... How was he able to contact his mother?

- I have no idea reverend mother, but don't forget he's got cousins in this school, either one of them could've contacted his mother...

- So I agreed to lift the punishment they considered way to harsh, if he apologises and find a safe home for the creature...

- Terrence was ready to apologise, when I went to get him...

- He's got the permission to go out and find a new home for the creature..., said the reverend mother without any enthusiasm.

- Come on reverend mother, we're nuns, we're supposed to be smiling and preaching love to every living creatures in this world... Now I understand why we just got a large cheque from Andrews Enterprises, to save the animals and find them new homes...

- I guess there are a lot of animal lovers out there...

- Don't forget reverend mother, we are animal lovers too..., said Sister Margaret smiling.

oOoOoOoOoOo

In Terrence's room, Patrick was there with Einstein.

- Do you know what just happened ? Said Patrick.

- The reverend mother had a change of heart?

- I've never known her to change her mind...

- Well, anyway, who cares?

- We have to find a new home for Einstein; do you have any clue where to start?

- Actually I do... I have a friend who works at the zoo...I'm sure she can find a place for Einstein.

- Thank you so much Terry! You're the best!

- Anything for the animals, buddy.

- By the way I have something to show you, said Patrick.

- Really? What?

- When I was out in the woods and I stumbled upon a little discussion...

- Discussion?

- Your girlfriend and your cousin...

- Ashley?

- Yep...

- What were they doing?

- See for yourself..., said Patrick giving him the phone.

Terry looked at Candy and Ashley arguing over him and he was stunned.

- Oh my God!

- That was pretty fun to watch.

- Ashley... oh my God, poor Jones!

- He's still hung up on her right?

- Yes...

- Well Ashley seems hung up on you!

- I know...

- She told you?

- She kissed me...

- Oh...

- And Jones saw us...

- Ouch!

- It was one big mess...

- Candy likes you...

- And I like her...

- You know it's the first time she goes out with someone from the school; she really does like you...

- You don't need to tell me that... after our rocky beginning we're together now... All right, let's go take Einstein to the zoo, since we have the permission

- Ok, let's go! Said Patrick smiling.

Terry and Patrick went to the zoo together with Einstein in a cage.