ch.1

Kyla's pov~

It started as a normal day, well normal for me but others have different lives than me. I'm Kyla valentine, I'm 18 years old with long blonde hair that goes to the small of my back with blue highlights and silver/grey eyes. I'm what some people call attractive and when I say some people I mean the drunk old man whores at the bar I work at.

It was late out and I was doing the same thing that I have been doing since my parents died when I was 14. My master makes me serve the drinks around the bar. When I try to escape the bar, or the one time I tried to escape the bar, my master was more than mad at me, I will never try to escape again. I only have one friend, zam, she has been acting wierd recently and she hardly comes to see me. When she does its not for long.

When I was serving drinks to some drunk alien creatures, one grabbed my arm and wouldn't let me go.

"Please let me go." I said calmly but with a hint of fear in it.

"Why won't you take a break and join us sweet heart" the ugly alien told me and motioned toward his friend.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed while trying to pull away but the grip he had on me was to tight so he didn't budge but instead pulled me closer to him to where my back was pressed up against his chest.

"Come on little princess we won't hurt you we just want to have some fun with you." He said into my ear, the smell of alcohol lingered in his breath. I tried to get away but his gripped just tightend.

Just then there was a big crashed outside and he let me go while him and his friends went to go check it out. When I went outside I saw my friend zam running towards me. When she came to me I had some questions. "Zam why are yo-" I was cut off by her saying "nows not the time for questions Kyla but if anyone ask for me don't say where I am." She rushed out then quickly ran into the bar. I stood there for a few seconds wondering who she was running from.

When I was heading back into the bar I saw a boy around my age about to run in but was stopped by an older man. I didn't listen on their conversation because I was to busy looking at how gorgeous he was. He had a blonde hair with a braid on one side, there are hardly ever cute people in this bar. I stopped myself from staring when they started to walk in. I was just walking around seeing if anyone needed anything.

When I walked pass where I saw the two men last, there was only one of them and it was the cute one. When I stopped for a quick break and leaned against a table he came up to me.

"Exuse me" he said. I didn't think he was talking to me so I ignored him. "Exuse me miss" he said again. I looked at him and saw he was looking at me. "Have you seen a girl run in here recently" he asked. I only thought of zam but I didn't think he was looking for her so I said no.

"Oh, okay, thankyou." He said with a nod of his head and walked away. I thought it was odd so i went to go find zam.

I couldn't find her, but when I was giving up looking for her I heard a scream that sounded like her. I walked swiftly towards the scream to see zam and the the two guys. The older guy picked her up and the younger one said, "jedi business, go back to your drinks" and we made eye contact.

I followed them outside and stood behind them so they couldn't see me. They started asking questions like "do you know who you were trying to kill" wait, she was trying to kill someone!?! My zam!?!

"The senator of naboo" Zam said. I don't really like senator amidala but I wander why she wanted her dead.

"Who hired you, tell us, tell us now!" The younger said growing angry with her.

She looked behind them at me and said "kyla would know" they both turned around to look at me.

"Why would you do it" I said ignoring their glares.

She had a smirk on her face, "the map is in the~" Is all she got out before a dart went into her neck. I gasped as a tear ran down my face. Not from the lost of loosing my only friend, but the betrayed feeling of my only friend. I turned around to just see a suited man fly off.

The older man picked the dart out of her neck and examined it. He stood up and walked over to me and said, "my name is Obi-Wan kenobi, and this is anakin skywalker" he said motioning to the younger boy.

"I'm deeply sorry about your... friend" said anakin. I just gave him a week smile. "But do you know what she was talking about?"He asked me. I was about to answer but I saw my master walk out the bar and start walking my way. I didn't want a repeat of last time so I just did the first thing I thought of, run away. I never ran as fast as I did just then. I didn't say I had a smart thought, I just said I had a thought.

When I was running I was thinking about what zam said kyla would know. What would I know about the attempt murder of senator amidala. When I was thinking I didn't see where I was going and I ran into something.

"I'm deeply sorry I didn't see where I was going" I said embarrassed and looking at the ground. I started walking a away quickly before the person had a chance to answer. But I was pulled back by a strong set of arms.

"Wait you don't have to run anymore" a firm voice said. I looked up and saw that it was anakin.

"Yes I do or he will get me" I said trying to get out of his grip. How am I always in these situations, always getting into guys grips but not being able to get out. But it is a new thing that the person that has a grip on me to be really cute.

"You think I'm cute" he said with a smirk on his face.

I stared at him dumbfounded that he could read my mind.

"It's an old jedi trick" he said. I was really embarrassed so I just looked at the ground while my face turned red.

"Like I said I have to go or he will get me" I said again trying to get away from his grip but he just tightend it so I just gave up.

"And like I said you don't have to run away anymore he's gone" he tried to tell me.

"No he'll find me!" I exclaimed getting frustrated that he wouldn't let me go.

"No he won't he's gone for good!" He said trying to calm me down. I stopped and looked at him.

"You mean he's" he cut me off before I could finish.

"Dead, yes" he said completing my sentence. Just than Obi-Wan came running up.

"There you guys are" he said out of breath. "You guys are fast runners" he said I between breaths.

"Wait" I said making them look at me. "If he's gone... then where do I go. I don't have anywhere to go. Obi-Wan and anakin looked at each other.

"Then you will stay with anakin in his apartment." Obi-Wan said. "Well its getting late and I'm tired so I'm going back to the senators apartment and I will see you guys in the morning" Obi-Wan continued.

"All right master goodnight" anakin bowed to Obi-Wan.

"Goodnight anakin, kyla" he said with a nod of his head then turned around and walked the other way. "Oh and kyla!" Said Obi-Wan. I turned around to look at him. "I would like to ask you some questions in the morning and Anakin be up early I'm coming by so we can go to senator amidalas" he said then turned around to walk away again. I really do not like her.

"Well where's your apartment I'm tired" I said yawning.

"Follow me" said anakin and I followed.

We finally got to a yellow speeder and climbed in and took off. I was so tired I fell asleep before we even got to his apartment. The last thing I hear anakin say before I fell asleep fully was "Goodnight kyla" then I fell asleep. No one has said goodnight to me since my parents died.

~~ so this was the first chapter plz comment below what you think about it whether u hate it or u want it I would really like to know or what I can do to improve it thx!!
~skywalker_line