THE LAST OF 8TH GRADE YEAR

I find it funny how one person can mean so much to you. I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with love, or at least I think, but who really knows what love is.. Is it thinking day and night about that one person, is it smiling and blushing when receiving a message from them, is it always making time to be there for them, is it being there for them at all hours of the day. It's crazy, I couldn't even imagine it. Until one day, it happened to me.. In my 2nd semester of 8th grade and her name was Christen Press. I was late out of all of my friends to know who she was. Everyone knew about her since early February, but I didn't really care but when i finally showed interested as to whom this Christen girl from California was I asked my bestfriend, Alex, around the month of May, almost 3-4 months later. She agreed and showed me a picture, and immediately I was hooked. oh geez was she beautiful. I listened to Alex carefully and paid attention to every detail she would tell me about Christen. Finally after endless questions and answers about Christen, Alex said Christen would be playing soccer with us next school year. It made me nervous. The thought of having someone so beautiful in my sight at all times was nerve racking. I kept it in and ignored the whole fact that I hadn't ever even got the guts to text to her, but I really wanted to!