VERO

And Everything was going good. Until Vero came into her life. Verónica Boquete Giadans or as we all call her "Vero" because no one in this whole school knows or cares to actually pronounce her name right. She was a short 10th grader on the junior varsity team that thought she was the shit. She wasn't because unlike me, Alex, Christen, and Kelly who were all freshmen on the varsity team she was on jv. I didn't exactly like vero even before but now I didn't like her one bit. I noticed her and Christen were getting closer, and just like Alex and her bae, I was getting left out. Next thing I know Vero is starting to sit with us on our table. I didn't like that at all. I told Christen about Vero thinking she the shit and being fake. I didn't know if she was really fake but I knew she always thinks she the shit. Christen got mad at me and said with an angry soft voice "You're overacting Tobin! Vero is the nicest person, I know. Don't judge her by her skill you know, and she hasn't done nothing but congratulate me about making the varsity team. I don't know what's gotten into you but I don't like it. I guess now I know who you really are. Bye Tobin." The ending hurt, she went from being angry to sad when she said "Bye Tobin." I didn't know what to do after that, Christen had walked off to class and I stood there in shock and disbelief for a good while. At lunch I called my mom to pick me up but she refused to. I kept thinking about her and what she said for the next few days. Days turned into weeks which turned into months, and still nothing, no text, no call, and no personal contact. When we'd see each other in passing periods she wouldn't smile at me anymore. Now I knew I lost her. Christen was always walking with Vero and smiling her cheek to cheek smile at her. I noticed they'd hangout be together 24/7. On their snapchats and each other's Instagram. Soccer season was awkward kind of. We didn't see each other much she was a forward and I was a starting midfielder. I would look at her when she wants paying attention and I was quick to look away before she'd see me looking.