Yona's 16th birthday (edited)

I decided to make this chapter short since the others are very long. Also, i added that Min-soo had feelings to Yoko, but never tell it to her.

***

5 days later...

Yoko's pov:

The banquet to celebrate Yona's 16th birthday was held at Hiryuu castle.

"Ungh- Ungh- 16? You've become so beautiful, Yona." King Il cried in tears of joy.

Before the party, i helped Yona by forcing me to brush her hair like a million times to make it straight. I tied my hair into a bun and still kept my mask on.

"Father, my hair is a curly mess. I wanted to put my hair up. It looks awful." Yona stated out and pouted.

"It's no use. The only thing this girl thinks about is her hair." King Il deadpanned. "I'm going to greet our guests." he muttered and left.

Soo-won called Yona. She followed him and they left the banquet at outside. I decided to follow them sneakily, but Hak came along. Yoko-*deadpans* He told me that King Il is looking for his daughter.

We found them and listen to their conversation. Soo-won gave Hime-chan a hair pin, beautifully decorated with precious jewels. He even told Yona that he loves her hair. It made her blush lightly.

The two learn that we've been watching them the whole time. The freaked out and step away.

"Hak, Yoko?!"

"His majesty has been looking for you. Princess." Hak crossed his arms on his chest.

"Ngh! That drunkard!" Yona stomped away.

After the princess left, i spoke, "My, my. I knew it was like this." i smirks.

"Eh?" Soo-won sweat dropped.

"You, Lord Soo-won, should be able to convince his majesty. I wish you the best of luck." said Hak.

"You've got the wrong idea, Hak." Soo-won replied. "Besides would you stop being so formal? Call me Soo-won like you did in the past."

"I do it to distuinguish our social status." he smirks.

"How lonesome, General Hak~" Soo-won pushed his sleeves against each other. I guess i wasn't the only one now.

"More importantly, don't you feel something, Lord Soo-won and Yoko?" Hak scan his sorroundings.

I nodded. "Definitely..." on the other hand, Soo-won didn't answer.

"I can't say for certain, but something doesn't feel right... Like someone has infiltrated the castle grounds." Hak said in suspicious tone.

"Now that you mention it, Yona told me something like that, too." Soo-won replied.

"What...??"

"You ought to investigate the people who came today."

"Roger that! I'm leaving the princess in your care, Lord Soo-won and Yoko." Hak left us.

"I told you you've got the wrong idea." he called.

I stare at the lord. "To be honest, he seems very suspicious. I need to keep an eye on Yona. I don't think i could trust him."

[night time]

I put on my caramel cloak and my mask still on my face. I brought my twin daggers along and tuck them under my sleeves. I was investigating the whole palace. It's normal for the black dragon to stay active at night.

'Odd? Why they're no guards on duty?'

"Yoko!" Min-soo called me while approaches towards me.

"Min-soo, where are you going?" i asked him, gazing curiously at the bottle of water he was holding.

"Oh~ I will give it to General Hak for keep watching the castle." he replied. "Yoko, it's late. Aren't you going to sleep?"

I sigh. "I'm just going to check Hime-chan in case she's fine." i answered.

"..."

"Yoko?" Min-soo broke the silence.

"Hm~?" i gave him an i-am-waiting look.

He blushes. "Um... You look pale by the way." he pointed his index finger at me.

"Oh~ I guess your right..." i left in deadpan. This isn't what i expected.

Suzu appear beside me. 'Oi~ Looks like your roommate had a crush on you.' she teased.

I rolled my eyes. "I already know nine tails. You've told me like a billion times already."

"Oh..." she sweat dropped.

I paused and sniffed in the air. Blood. I dashed in inhuman speed and followed my instinct. I stopped in front of the King's quarters.

What? I peeked at the door and saw blood splattered on the floor. Yona-hime was there with the dead king on her arms. In front of them is Soo-won with his sword smeared in blood.

'That's not true! This is not Soo-won!" horror spilled on me and my heart breaks up like in a million pieces.

***

Last night, my younger sister and i are discussing about the other dragons of akatsuki no yona. Bedtime was actually our free time:

Sister: How about, eyebrows dragon!

Me: Eyebrows?

Sister: Of course the one who drank it's blood will have a bushy dragon eyebrows. The ability will make it long and can control it too. Also, we'll call it 'Browryuu'.

Me and Sister: HA HA HA HA!!!

Comment and vote!

~Cat :-)