Betrayal

Yoko's pov:

I was struck in horror as i saw Soo-won, the kind caring friend becomes a murderer.

I hid behind the screen door, trying not to caught attention. Especially i don't want to get involve in the conversation. However, it felt that my instincts started to kick in like i wanted to charge him, punching him right at the face would satisfy my anger.

In reality, i watched the King's blood on Soo-won's sword dripped on the puddle of blood. The Emperor that hates weapons, is now dead from it.

"S-Soo-won." Hime-chan was shuddered. "Father is hurry call a doctor."

"Oh dear. Yona, King Il is already dead! Soo-won killed him."

"Emperor Il's eyes will never open again." Soo-won replied. "I killed him."

Yona was completely shock in disbelief, i face palmed at Yona's reactions. I clenched my jaw as my blood boiled in a silent anger. Traitor!

"W-what are you saying?" she asked bluntly. "Y-you would never do something like that." her icy paled hands are pinned on the floor.

"You don't know. I..." he gaze at her. "...have lived for this day."

She look up at him. "Wh-why? Father cared for you since you were a child."

"That's right. I loved Emperor Il, too." he answered. "Even though people murmured that he was a coward who feared strife that's what made Emperor Il so kind. But I was wrong. I was so wrong."

"What do you mean 'wrong' Soo-won?" i narrowed my eyes at him.

"My father, Yu-hon. Do you remember him?"

"Yona's uncle?"

"Ever since my father was a boy. He was incredibly fierce, courageous, and intelligent. He later grew up to be the champion that always led out troops to victory. Everyone without a doubt was hoping that my father become their next king. Instead...

"10 years ago, the late Emperor chose not my father to be king, but his little brother Il. Nobody could understand why. Normally the oldest brother succeeds the throne. So why was the weaker, younger brother chosen instead? But my father just smiled."

"The throne is no big deal to me. I'll continue to fight on the front lines. To protect my brother and people." i remembered those words that Yu-hon told to his son.

"I was proud to have a father like that. And i loved and respected him greatly. I thought one day, I would stand alongside my father on the battlefield and give my life for my father's sake. After Emperor Il succeed the crown, He killed Yu-hon, his own brother."

"That can't be! Uncle died because of an accident!" Yona-hime blurted out in disbelief.

"That's what it looked like on the surface, huh?" he spoke seriously. "But my father died by being stabbed with a sword by Emperor Il. Do you understand?"

"So, King Il already hold a weapon? This is a lie!"

He narrowed his gaze. "Emperor Il, who was supposed to hate weapons and evaded strife killed my father with a sword. Princess Yona that is why i have lived for this day for 10 years, I will become the nation's king."

I didn't listen to the rest of their conversation as i heard footsteps coming. I climb up the ceiling with my hands and feet at the sides, while facing at the floor.

That is assassin rule #1: "Never let your identity and abilities shown."

More unfamiliar guards and a dark haired man/woman? (A/N: Yoko mostly mistaken long haired male a woman. She did that to Soo-won... Once.) Enters the room. Once all of them are in, Yona escaped and running away from the soldiers chasing behind her. She can't run that fast because of her of her long, heavy dress that cause her to trip a few times.