Chapter 1: Fury

CHAPTER 1: Fury

Blue

July 21, 2019

I pulled a strand of unruly hair behind my ear as I walked up the stairs to my flat. I opened the heavy wooden door and immediately jumped onto my couch, the springs squeaky and broken. I raised my hand up and my TV remote immediately responded by flying into my open hand.

I flipped through the channels, disappointed by all the horrible shows. I settled on a rerun of Friends and raised my left hand. A peach came from the kitchen, landing softly in my hand so I wouldn't damage it.

Suddenly, someone started pounding on my door. "Who is it?" I turned around to face the door, which looked like it was about to fall over. "I said who is it!" No answer.

I raised my hand up in the air and flicked it to the left. The handle turned and the door flew open to reveal a black man with an eyepatch covering his left eye. He wore a long jacket over a uniform with the letters S.H.I.E.L.D. printed over an eagle. I

snorted and turned back to the TV. "Are you Heather Alisya?"

I twitched. "I prefer Blue." He walked over and pulled the remote out of my hand. "Hey!" He turned the TV off, and then snapped the remote in half and dropped it into my wooden floor, resulting in an impossibly loud noise. "You could've just set it down nicely," I said while lifting the remote up and using my powers to piece together bits that couldn't have been fixed with my hands.

"Listen, Blue," He said, putting a tone I couldn't recognise on my name. "I'm Director Nick Fury. You've just popped up on my radar. I'm afraid you're a threat to national security. So you have two choices."

I looked up at him, trying to read his expression. "You can either join SHIELD and fight against evil, or be locked away at SHIELD for the rest of your life." I sighed, wondering how anyone had found me. "Talk about first impressions," I muttered.

I closed my eyes and gently set the remote down in my kitchen. I straightened up on my couch, and looked back at his scarred face. "Do I get time to think about this?" He paused for a brief moment, before answering my question. "Although there shouldn't be much of a choice here, I suppose I could give you a few minutes." I snorted again, a bad habit of mine.

I sat still a few seconds, making a plan. All of a sudden, I flung a chair at him and jumped out the window. I'll never get used to doing this, I thought to myself as I started to fall 4 stories. Right before I hit the ground, I caught myself with my telekinesis and rose up a few feet, moving forward faster than all the under me.

Looking back, I saw Fury looking out my window. I sighed and tried to go a little faster, even though now I was going dangerously fast.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Around seven minutes later, I finally came to a stop in a little park. I sat with my legs crossed on a small wooden bench. I pulled the ponytail out of my hair; it was already halfway destroyed anyways. My hair immediately fell into my face, and I frowned.

I pulled a half dollar out of my pocket and flung it into the air. It was my lucky coin, and I kept it with me at all times. I caught it before it hit the ground and threw it back up again. I caught it again and yawned before closing my eyes and taking a small 6-minute nap.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

When I woke up, Fury was in front of me again. I giggled. "Do you think this is a game, Heather?" I frowned. I uncrossed my legs and realized I wasn't wearing any shoes. No big deal. "Are you joining SHIELD or not?" He looked at me, and I sighed and leaned back. "I don't guess I have a choice." He smiled. "Good."

Suddenly, a helicopter hovered above us. A ladder fell down, and he grabbed it and started climbing up it. I could've flown to wherever he was going to take me, but he was probably going to want to talk to me on the way there. I grabbed the ladder once he was around halfway up it, and followed him.