Chapter 4: Chatting

Chapter 4: Chatting

Blue

July 21, 2019

I watched the door slide closed as Fury sent Sam out. Will I see him again? I asked myself. Surely I will, he's right across the hallway.

That's when Director Fury interrupted my thoughts. "I hear you ditched your team for Nova," he said, and I was surprised about how quietly he was speaking. Usually listening to him was like putting your ears up next to an amplifier and playing a guitar as loud as possible. But now his voice was soft, and it almost sounded truly concerned. Almost.

"You can't have any distractions while you're on this mission. So I'm sorry to tell you, but you can't talk to Sam or any of the rest of his team," he said cautiously, treating me as if I was going to explode. "That's not possible! They're my neighbors!" He frowned. "This is just a temporary room. We have a room much better for you to stay in." I huffed as I realized they'd probably made a special room because of... Red.

"Uuugh. Don't treat me like a child, Fury. I can take care of myself." I turned away and saw myself in the mirror. I gasped as I saw my appearance. My eyes were glowing a bright red, and they slowly turned back to their usual grey. Tears pricked my eyes; this had happened only once before but it was blue, not red. Red was... her color.

Once my eyes were totally back to normal,  I turned back to see a worried-looking Fury. "It's under control," I said slowly so he wouldn't lock me up. He still looked unsure, and I tried to manage a reassuring smile. I failed epicly.

"Agent Alisya, there was nothing in any of your files about that little... condition," he said, and you could almost hear anger in his voice, as if it was my fault they didn't know! Hell, I didn't even know!

"It's... only happened once before, when I

was... when this first happened to me. I got angry at..." Thankfully, he stopped me before I gave out my entire story. He knew. It must've been in my files. "But it was blue. Not red. This is crazy," I started again, but he stopped me again. "We don't know if this is a Hulk-type thing or a natural thing. Maybe Red is the dominant half? Perhaps we could run a few tests-"

"No," I interrupted. He nodded. He got up and started to leave, but I asked one more question. "Where's all my stuff being unloaded at?" He looked back and smirked. "Not on the helicarrier, if that's what you're asking."

"Where else would you put it?!?" He turned and started walking out of the room again. "Stark Tower. Where you'll be living." My eyes widened as the door slid shut behind him. "No. Way. I'm not doing this..." I muttered to myself as I fell backwards onto my bed. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye, on the dresser.

I lazily pulled it towards me, and it floated across the room slowly. When it got to the bed, I saw it was a flat white box with my last name scribbled onto it in Sharpie. I opened it, and inside I find a wrist communicator and an earpiece, both of which were black with the SHIELD logo printed in silver.

I smiled and put both of them on, looking in the mirror. I pulled my 3d glasses back over my eyes. I'm back in business, I thought, feeling a wave of both excitement and fear wash over me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE OF DOOM

I LOVE WRITING THIS AND I'M NEGLECTING MY OTHER STORIES FOR IT. I also think alpacas are awesome.

BYE BYE MY LITTLE LLAMAS

I LOVE YOU

-Marvel_is_best