Chapter 20: Flashback, Courtesy of Loki

3rd Person POV

{2 weeks before Loki was captured}

An middle-aged male scientist was working diligen tlyin his home/lab/lair. Suddenly,a quiet knock came on the door. The man's head jerked up and he quickly walked into the foyer, while shouting, "I don't want to buy anything!" Still, he opened the door and shrunk back when he saw the god standing on the patio, a look of amusement on his face. "I wasn't styling," he said and the scientist blushed a little, and motioned for him to come inside.

Loki stepped in gracefully, and the man awkwardly shut the door behind him and followed him into the living area. "I need you to do something for me " Loki started, but the man shook his head. "No, no. Not without a favor in return." The gods raised his eyebrows . "And what would that be?" The smiled excitedly, then told him. "I've been dying to...experiment with Jotun DNA," he blurted awkwardly, then slowed down. "Perhaps...you could, uh, get me some?" Loki nodded, but the man had more to add. "But it can't be yours," he said loudly and quickly. He received a questioning look, to which he have a malicious looking smile. "I've tried yours already. For some reason, it didn't work."

"Very well. But you've yet to hear what I want from you." The scientist nodded, looking eager to please. "I need a portal to the other realms that doesn't necessarily need the tesseract to work." The scientist thought for a minute, then nodded. "I could do that if I had some..." He talked off, already walking into the other room to begin and leaving the God of Mischief to show himself out.

((OKAY so here's a tiny little update to Blue that not only answers some questions, but also behind the origin story of another heroine I've been dying to include! :) ))