Chapter 3: Nova

Chapter 3: Nova

Sam Alexander (Nova)

July 21, 2019

I had just met a girl a few years older than me. She said her name was Blue; I'm pretty sure it's just a nickname but oh well. I agreed to help her find her room, and now here we are, racing down the hallways. I knew the way by memory because her room was across the hallway from mine. She was also the room in between Danny's and Ava's rooms.

Apparently, that wouldn't matter very much. I'd heard Fury talking about her; She's with The Avengers. I don't know why Fury didn't pick someone he already had as an agent, someone like, oh I don't know, me. I was super jealous of Blue. By the look of it, she was 21 or 22, only a few years older than me!

As I was distracted by my own thoughts, Blue raced ahead. "Hey!" I smiled and flew a little faster. "Nobody beats The Human Rocket!" I got ahead of her again. "Aren't I supposed to be leading the way, anyways?" She turned over on her back and flew under me, smiling. She put her hands behind her head. "You're supposed to be," she said tauntingly.

I started to slow down once we reached our hallway. She noticed and slowed down as well. We both changed positions so that we were vertical again, while still slowing down even more. I stopped at her door. "Thanks," she smiled, but it almost didn't seem like a genuine smile. I glanced at her ID. Heather Alisya. So Blue is just a nickname, I thought to myself.

"It's no big deal. Fury should've given you a watch communicator and an earpiece, you can call me anytime on those," I said. She frowned. "I didn't get either of those." I shrugged and grabbed her ID, swiping it in the door. Password Required. I frowned. Apparently, she'd been locked out of her own room. She looked like she had an idea, and entered in a password. The door slid open.

Inside, a very noticably peeved Director Fury stood. Blue raised her eyebrows and I waved and started to slowly float out of the room. "Not so fast, Nova." I squeezed my eyes shut at the sound of Fury's extra-loud voice. I flew back into the room, and opened my eyes. "I'd like to see you in your room, in ten minutes." I sighed and flew out, into my room.

I sat on my bed, waiting for Fury to finish with Blue. She was pretty fast. Almost as fast as me. I chuckled at the thought. All of a sudden, the door opened. I expected Fury to be there, but Agent Coulson walked in.

"Hi, Sam. From what Fury tells me, you've already met Agent Alisya," he paused as he saw my blank expression. "Blue," he added. I smiled and nodded. "Good. Has any of the rest of your team met her?" I looked down at my hands then back up at him, leaning against the wall. "Not that I know of," I said. He nodded.

"Well, let me make this clear. None of your team, including you, has permission to talk to her. In other words,  you can't hang out with her." I stood up and made fists with my hands. "Why not?" He frowned and gently pushed me back onto my bed. "Fury's orders. According to S.H.I.E.L.D. requirements, she's not exactly mentally stable." I gave him a questioning look. "So she's insane?"

"No," he said as he shook his head no, "But she is far from healthy. I would tell you, but you aren't authorized to know that information. Anyways, we can't have you messing up her mission. So do not, under any condition, associate with Blue or Red." His eyes widened after he said Red, as if he said something I wasn't supposed to hear. "Who is Red?" He closed his eyes and walked out. I frowned and activated my wrist communicator.

I pressed a button to send a signal to all of my team. Almost immediately, Ava and Danny both answered.  "What is it Sam? I'm kind of busy," Ava said with an annoyed tone in her voice. Danny sat patiently, and Peter connected. "Wassup?" He was in his Spiderman costume, and was obviously fighting someone right now. "Wait for Luke," I said, and Ava sighed. As if on cue, Luke joined the chat. He was also suited up, and you could see Spiderman in the background every few seconds.

"You two are doing another teamup without me?" For the first time since he connected, Danny talked. Luke nodded and smiled. "Could you make it fast, Bucket-Head," Spidey said as he struggled to fight one-handedly. "Have you guys met the newest recruit? She's like 22 and she's been put with The Avengers!"

"No fair! I've been trying for that team since I got here," Webs-for-Brains said jealously. "Does she look good?" Power Man threw another punch. I hesitated, but then nodded. I didn't want Luke getting to her. "But apparently we're not aloud to talk to her." The whole team looked disappointed, except for Spiderman, who's expressions were hidden by his mask.

"She's already off-limits? That means she's either mega-important or super dangerous," Luke said, sounding surprised. "Or both," Danny added with a smile. Ava rolled her eyes. "How does this concern me?" I smirked, "She's your roommate until Fury moves her, which I bet he will. Yours too, Danny." Ava rolled her eyes again and left the conversation. The rest of the team's faces grew to fill in the gap she had left.

Danny waved and said, "I've gotta go. Good luck with your fight you guys!" He left the conversation, and then Luke and Peter's faces each took up half the screen. "I guess you two are busy, too," I said as I was about to leave. "Wait, Sam, I have something to say to you." I stopped as Peter's voice broke through the static. "It's really important you follow Fury's orders. That girl could be dangerous. Stay out of her life, please." Peter and Luke both left, and the application closed itself.

I put my arm down. It was getting tired anyways. I lied down and thought about Fury's orders. That was so unfair. But I guess it was probably for the best. I don't remember going to sleep, but apparently I did.

AUTHOR'S NOTE OF DOOM

SO AT THIS POINT IDK IF I WILL KEEP NOVA IN THE STORY OR NOT. And also Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is tonight! So that's awesometastic! The next chapter will be back to Blue, and then I'll introduce you all to Red >:] (If you haven't met her yet >;])

SO UH YEAH

BYE BYE MY LITTLE ALPACAS

BE GOOD