Chapter 16: Escape

Chapter 16: Escape

3rd Person POV

August 4, 2019

Eventually, she calmed down. She sat down on the floor, and even slept for brief periods of time. But soon everything changed.

SHIELD had just sent an agent to check on her, and he was a newbie. He accidentally left the door unlocked. And Blue noticed.

Soon she was out, free from SHIELD! She used her powers to get off the helicarrier, and landed in New York. She went into a local store selling spices, for no reason in particular. It smelled nice inside, and she was greeted warmly by people who's first language wasn't english. She smiled at them and pretended to look, feeling guilty that the place would probably be stormed by SHIELD.

On the way out of the helicarrier, she had stopped to retrieve her personal items and was now wearing some old clothes over her costume. They felt awkward, probably because she hadn't been wearing normal clothes lately. Suddenly, her phone vibrated.

Where are you?
-Tony

She panicked for a minute, trying to decide how to respond, or if she should even respond.

New York
-Blue

She picked up a random item and purchased it, as if it'd make up for if SHIELD destroyed the place. Helicopters could be heard above.

What are you trying to do?
-Tony

She wasn't surprised at these messages, Tony was probably still being held at the infirmary for his wounds. She shuddered at the thought.

Outrun SHIELD, of course. Why do you want to know?
-Blue

She was starting to doubt this was really Tony. The real deal would've put in a smart-alecky response by now. Too late to stop replying, she supposed.

And how are you ever going to manage to do that?
-Tony

She worried a little again, but remembered New York was such a big place. She could probably be out of the city before they found her.

By going really, really fast.
-Blue

She left the store and got on a bus, hoping it'd take her somewhere far from there. If that wasn't Tony, they were probably already headed towards the little shop.

Her phone vibrated again, but this time it wasn't from Tony. It was from a new contact in her phone, labeled Coulson. Great.

You're on a bus headed South on Grandview.  I suggest surrendering.
-Coulson

So they knew her exact location. More fun for her.