Starting fresh

DARK RIDER'S POV
HUNTER!!!
We break into an argument on whether he was right to trick us or not.
Then, a knock on the door stops the arguing.
Knock. Knock. Knock. THUMP!
A voice I haven't heard in a too long rings true, "Uh, Sapphire?"
I leap to my feet, and swing open the door. Rouge! Shinely!
I hug Rouge. A memory flashes through my mind...

FLASHBACK...... 12 MONTHS AGO.....
I stare at Rouge and half the pack.
Rouge comforts, "I'll come back soon. I promise."
I sigh, "How long is soon?"
He shrugs, "When we figure out the nature of these vigilante dragons."
I glare. My tail swishes through the dirt. Felix claps him on the back, and sends him off with words of success and confidence.
Then he walks back to the other Legends that are behind me. Healer and Alpha are staying to watch the young pups.
I wave, and turn to Luna.
Luna warbles, "Do you see that black smoke over the horizon?"
I turn, and gasp.
I nod, and a flash blinds me and Luna in a forcefield. Black smoke crashes down. I look out of the forcefield, and see Rouge troting out of the reach of the smoke, but his packk throws him in. Shinely is also passed out, out of the smoke's reach. The other legends are on the ground, and the smoke is seeping into them. I scream, but nobody except Luna hears me.... nobody hears me..... nobody but Luna.....
END OF FLASHBACK

Rouge smiles at me. I turn into my natural form, and show Rouge who I found while he was gone.
He laughs, "I told you it'd never work, Hunter."
Hunter glares.
I ask, "How are you not corrupt?"
He smirks, "The same reason as you."
I glare at him. He laughs.
Shinely groans in disgust.
Rouge snarls at him, and he glares.... but something isn't right....
Luna cries in my head, "Let me out! Please! He's corrupt and unright..,, and's gonna...,gonna."
I let her out.
I realize what she meant.
Anger slips out, eyes a black mass. His face is pressed into a snarl. He throws fire and ice at me.
I back up, loosing Luna. Luna cries, and lunges to save me.
Shinely's dragon holds her back.
Everybody is rooted to he spot. Max!
I hear a growl from behind me. Great. I'm trapped.
Max smiles an evil grin in my head.
I push Max out, and lock my mind. Not even Luna can get through. I figure, if death is slow and painful, why make Luna feel it?
I feel teeth in my arm. I cry out, flickering forms. Then, my wings spring to use.
I shoot up, and make Max loose his grip on me. He flops to the ground with a thunk... yip!
I laugh, and turn invisible. Max is staring at me, as is Shiner. I dive down, and pick up Hunter, and Rouge. Luna grabs my mom and dad. Then, we take off. We fly to nowhere in particular, just somewhere. Then I freeze, and my wings snap in on their own. Luna takes my friends away, and manages to land before hers give out. So this is how it is to be helpless and near death?
My brain is at peace. I let myself fall after trying to use powrrs to stop. Nothing will work. Nothing at all.