Chapter 21

I made my way back into the hotel where the cat monster was sitting, waiting for me.

"Thanks little buddy!" He thanked me as I handed him the glamburger.

"Listen I have to go because I'm kind of in a rush. But it was a pleasure to meet you." I told him happily as I began to walk away.

"Nice to meet you too little buddy. Good luck on your journey!" He said, wishing me luck. I smiled as I walked to the place that had a sign called "The core". As I walked through the core I remembered that Alphys had given me some music on the phone that she made me.

I took out some earbuds that I was also given and plugged them into my phone. I looked at the playlist that was already in my phone. Looking through the songs I couldn't help but laugh to myself. Practically all of the songs were Japanese. Luckily I like Japanese music so I wasn't complaining.

I played the first song that was on the playlist which happened to be "Trick and Treat" by Rin and Len Kagamine. I hummed to the song as I walked through the core. The farther I walked, the more buildings I saw around me. I kept walking till I noticed a big castle in front of me.

"I can't believe I'm actually about to do this.." I told myself as I took out my headphones. I took a deep breath as I walked into the castle. The castle was quite big and was beautifully decorated. Guess Asgore had an artistic side to him. I walked into a room and noticed a king like thrown and yellow flowers surrounding it.

There was a man who looked a lot like Toriel who was watering the flowers. I cleared my throat.

"Are you Asgore?" I asked, trying to sound brave, even though I wasn't.

"Yes. And who are-" He cut himself off when he saw me.

"You must be the human everyone was talking about. You aren't like the many other humans that have fallen here, I must admit. You have a kinder presence to you. As much as you seem like a good person, we have some businesses that we must attend to." He sighed, sadly as he shook his head. "Are you ready?" He asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said as I thought about how I was doing the right thing by doing this. He took out a sword as he aimed it at me, ready to attack. I bowed my head down, ready for impact.

"WAIT!!!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I turned around quickly trying to find the source of the voice. Sans was crying and running towards my direction. "DON'T HURT HER!" Sans yelled to Asgore as he pushed me out of Asgores aim of attack.

"But Sans you know I have to do this. We just need one more human soul and we'll finally be freed." Asgore tried to reason with Sans.

"No! Don't hurt my child!" Toriel came at our side.

"I. THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL SAVE THE HUMAN!" Papyrus said triumphantly as he joined Sans and Toriel.

"Don't hurt this little punk!" Undyne came running towards us.

"Y-yeah what s-she said!" Alphys said as she followed Undyne.

"Don't hurt this darling!" Mettaton said as he pranced over to everyone else.

"G-guys what are you doing here?!" I asked confused that they had found out what I was going to do.

"WE ARE HERE TO SAVE YOU HUMAN." Papyrus said.

"I don't need to be saved. I was going to save you guys." I said as I hung my head low in defeat.

"Everyone back out of the way so I can get the last human soul." Asgore demanded.

"No! We won't let you have her, even if that means us staying here forever! I love Y/N and I won't let you hurt her." Sans said as he grabbed onto me and buried his face on me.