Chapter 27

Your POV:

Jane forced me in through the cafeteria doors and I am immediately applauded.

"What?" I ask.

I see Fairy Godmother and she waves me over.

I walk up on stage and Carlos looks at me with direct fear. Do they not know yet?

"(f/n) Cards is here because she has the highest scores of both her grade and yours. She has been in your class because we thought she would want to be with her friends. Little did we know she was actually smarter than what she was put out to be. A cheer leader at our school, a straight A student, a friend, loved by all and a graduate of this year."

The school breaks out into applaud and Carlos looks at me as I am handed the microphone.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. As you all know, I am the Villainous Kid who grew up on the Isle. I am actually Doug's long lost sister. I guess that's great because we weren't treated well on the Isle. When I was given the chance to live in Auradon, I was sent with a mission. A mission I thought was going to !make my mother proud. Little did I know that she would have faked her death for me to to ballistic or return home to disappoint her. I did neither. I stayed here and I gave being nice a try. I liked it. I loved when I made someone happy. It made me feel like a better person. When Fairy Godmother called me into her office a week ago, she told me that I was graduating this year. I couldn't have been happier about it. So, thank you..."

They applaud again and I go for what all normal people do in a cafeteria: they eat.

I sit down and Carlos avoids my stare.

"Carlos?" I ask him.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"You kept secrets from me."

"I- I kept it from you as a surprise. I wanted to see your face when I was graduating this year with you guys." I tell him sincerely.

"Part of me wants to believe you, but the other part is still angry at you."

I breathe and instead of yelling at him for not being happy, I just put my hand on his shoulder and stand up.

"I'm not going to keep getting mad at you for your stupid little antics, Carlos, so when you can be a supportive boyfriend, come find me."

I get up with my stuff and I sit down with Audrey.

"(f/n)! I'm so happy for you! This is so exciting!"

"Thanks."

"What's wrong?"

"Carlos was upset that I didn't tell him."

"Did you tell him off?"

"Kind of. I told him that I wasn't going to get mad at his stupid antics and told him to come find me when he was going to be a supportive boyfriend." I shrug.

"If he hurts you one more time-"

"He won't because if he does, he'll have to go through me, you, mal, Evie, Doug, Jay, and Ben."

She nods her head in approval.

I finish my breakfast and go to my class with Audrey. We're both on time. That's actually new for Audrey.

We sit down and Audrey looks at me again.

"You know what? It's the end of the year and I don't want to be remembered as that one person who was mean to the Isle kids. Let's do a Girl's night this weekend!"

I smile at her,"Am I bringing Mal and Evie? "

"Yep!"

I smile at the fact that I will be with both Audrey and Mal and Evie not separated from one side. The tug o war has ended.

When first period ends, I am in Science with Evie. I am, again, wearing the pendent if I didn't mention it before.

"Hey, E!" I smile.

"Hey, (f/n)."

"So, Audrey just said that you, me, Mal, and her should do an end of the school year girl's night this weekend. What do you say?"

"I'd like to. You'd have to ask Mal her opinion."

"Can you ask her at lunch? I'm going to avoid Carlos until he approaches me and becomes more supporting towards me."

"I can't believe he did that."

"Me either. When she told me, I thought he was going to be happy. I never expected 'how come you never told me' or whatever he said."

"Me either. When you told me and Mal, we freaked out! We were incredibly happy. Even Jay was happy!"

"I seen the faces."

"Okay. Enough about that subject, just come find me when we're going to do the girl's night, 'kay? Also, totally don't blame you for wanting to sit with Audrey today instead of us."

"Thanks for understanding."

"It's what friends do."

The class begins.

///

After class, I head to my locker.

Dear (f/n),

I am sorry. Okay? I feel like a terrible boyfriend and I completely understand if you hate my guts. Just please don't ignore me.

There was more, but I crumpled it up and threw it away.

He's going to have to go better than writing a note for me to forgive him. He's going to have to talk to me personally.

Good luck with my busy schedule, Carlos...

I walk to the lunch room. I see Carlos look at me, but I avoid his gaze meeting my own.

Carlos's POV:

Dang, she's really mad at me.

I hope she saw the note I left her.

She probably didn't. Evie and Mal talk about some girl's night. I started listening when I heard (f/n)'s name.

Jay, Doug, Mal, Evie, and (f/n) are all ignoring me now. Am I really that terrible of a boyfriend!?

A/N: I know you're all going to be bummed about this, but this is going to be the only book of this particular book. Also, I am completing this book in about two or three chapters. Sorry.😭