Ch.1 He Fell For Me, The One Who Will Break His Heart

CHAPTER 1

It was when I was 5 years old when I found out about my heart condition.

There was 8 different emergency rooms, 6 doctor offices, and 23 frantic phone calls to doctors, but none of them changed there answer, it was a yes I would die in 1 year and three months just after my 17th birthday.

I layed on my bed face down thinking about how crappy my life has become, when Benji my 18 year old blue eyed cutie of a brother sat on my bed. He poked me but I didn't care at all. He's been poking me for years. He sighed loudly and then stood up on my bed.

"Layla, I'm going to do it," He dared starting to jump slowly up and down.

"I don't care, Benji" I muttered in to my pillows.

He jumped down and ran out of my room yelling like the baby he was to my mother "MOOOM! She won't carry her god damn million pound precious books to her room; she's only set up her bed!" He tattled.

Dick.

On cue "Layla!" my Mother screeched.

I stood up and straightened my shirt and went on downstairs. My Mother was staring at me with her hand on her hip.

"Boxes. Now," she spoke in a soft stern monotone. She never yelled to show you she was upset with you she just gave you that tone that meant you better watch it.

I sighed dramatically and went outside with a playful smack on the ass from my mother.

Thanks lord, the only person that hits on me lately is my mom.

I grabbed the box with my most important things (books mostly) and dragged it up the steps of my new house. It was such a beautiful house I couldn't help but stop and stare for a few minutes; it wasn't one of those big rich looking mansions it was a orange and brown house with a cool looking black fence, in other words a house with a personality. I honestly didn't really like moving but I always asked my mom after a while if we could move on and being the loving tender heart she is she would comply. She is always trying to make my life the best it can be, especially since we found out about, it.

I reentered the house to find my mom putting brownies in the fridge.

"Oh mom, I am not a fat kid, but I want a brownie" I said with a smile, which my mother never returned.

She glared at me "Layla, you know you should keep away from chocolate," My mom said shutting the fridge extra hard so I'd get the message.

"Message received" I said not meeting her grey eyes.

I went up to my claimed area and dropped my books with a pang to the floor.

My mother thinks it's necessary for us to have our space, so I get the attic, Benji get's the basement and my mom gets the main floor.

I turned on my iPod dock, not caring what song, and went in to the bathroom. I looked outside the window just in time to see a young guy not that older than me enter his room he turned his back to me.

As if, the boy felt my gaze piercing in to his back he whipped around and I followed my gut's cries to drop to the ground. I sang the alphabet forwards and backwards then stood up. The boy was still watching me with his hands in the front pockets of his black jeans. His beanie was slightly falling off his head, and his leather jacket was open revealing a white almost too small t-shirt.

I ducked again, I could almost feel him chuckling, and then the doorbell rang.

I decided it was best not to go down there blushing like crazy and let someone else anwser it while my cheeks cooled down so I flopped down on my bed with some book called "The Devouring". I was just getting to the part where her and her friend do what they fear most when I heard a knock on my door and the familiar voice of Skyla, my other brother, Eric's girlfriend "Layla, love. What are you doing sitting up here all doom and gloom?" She said in her beautiful voice with it's slight british accent. She and Eric live in a small apartment in the only large city within miles. They are both attending college and come to visit often, which I enjoy.

"Skyla!!!" I said with genuine enthusiasm. Then I frowned "I am not doom and gloom. I'm just pissed cause I really want a brownie and they are sitting there in the fridge all lonley and cold calling my name."

"Honey you know that we just want what's be-"She started but I cut her off.

"Well maybe I should acually enjoy the life I have left." Then I imediatly felt bad for yelling at her as her gorgeous light brown eyes filled with sadness. She is the prettiest person I know with her wavy brown hair and nice figure. Acually she was like a much hotter, older version of me. "I'm sorry Sky I shouldn't have took it out on you." I grabbed her hand and pulled her up "lets go see my dorky brother."

"Hey missy you should really watch your words, you could really hurt someones feelings" Eric says as he puts a hand over his chest in mock hurt. He has my mom's blonde hair and blue eyes unlike me and Benji.

"Well maybe you shouldn't eavesdrop on peoples conversations"I said sticking my tounge out. I sighed and started walking out "lets go eat mom's super healthy dinner!"