Ch.14. He Fell For Me, The One Who Will Break His Heart

Okay its super short and Kaelon wrote the whole thing. She was feeling inspired because she got in a car accident last night. :o So for her I will post as is.

I angrily stomped up the stairs to my room and turned on my iPod again. I was sucking on ice (snicker) trying to cool down my burning mouth. I checked my phone there was 8 missed calls from my mom, and 46!? From Axel. Sigh he must feel pretty guilty about that.

Good.

I dialed Axel's number and waited finally after 14 rings a woman answered.

"What?!" She screamed.

Uh ow.

I held the phone away from my ear, once I heard silence I brought the phone back to my ear "Uh, Hi is Axel there?"

"No, uh he, uh st-" She stammered. "I'll just get him to call you when you can, he's kinda hard to reach right now"

Then she hung up.

I starred at my phone in disbelief, that sounded like his mother but how am I supposed to know. What does she mean hard to reach?

I was confused and most of all just wanted this day to end, i changed into my PJ's and climbed into bed and let my mind rest for the night.

I woke up to my pillow vibrating, I sighed and grabbed my phone, "Hmmm?"

The person on the other line let out a sigh of relief, and then all I could hear was them breathing in slowly in and out.

I rubbed my eyes "Hello?" I asked getting really aggravated, I looked at my clock it was 2 in the morning. "Benji? Fuck if this is you I swear im gonna go ninja on your ass"

He chuckled .

"Axel?!" I said sitting up and turning on my lamp.

"Yeah, sorry for calling you late, I just had to see if you were alright" He spoke softly.

"Why? Are Benji and Josh planning something?" I asked yawning.

He laughed "no, were all pretty scared of you, I should let you go you're tired" he said sounded just as sad as I was once he said that phrase.

"No, No, I wanna stay up and talk to you, since your mom said that you'd be gone for a while, why?" I asked.

He groaned "La la I really hate this subject"

"Oh, okay, well then you don't-"

He cut me off "But, I wanna tell you, so here it goes, my birthmother is in town" he said and groaned.

"Oh?" I said not understanding why that was a bad thing, he seemed to understand. I never even knew he was adopted.

"See, my birth mom always tries to take me back but she has no proof that I'm her actual son so there's a lot of fighting and sometimes its just best if I leave town for a bit, I'm not leaving till tomorrow though" he said.

I heard the wind blow from his side of the phone "Where are you?"

I could hear him chuckle "Your house"

I laughed "why Axel Morington, you just can't seem to get enough of me now can you?"

He laughed too "I know Layla, your addicting"