Catastrophe Time

- Nagisa's POV -

Eventually, lunch rolled around the corner and I was the last one to get out along with Kayano.

She had a sad expression on her face but immediately extinguished it when she saw me. "Oh Nagisa! Did you bring your lunch? We can share mines if you didn't," she offered generously.

"Nah, I got mine. I'm all set!" I smiled and gave her a thumbs up as we walked to the area where our food was stored. I grabbed my bento and helped Kayano get hers. And I thought I was short. Aw well, she looks cuter short.

"Thanks Nagisa!" She thanked with her kind and energetic voice. I nodded and we walked outside. Almost no one sits at the classroom since outside has shade and lunchroom seats and tables placed there.

Kayano picked out a table for us and we sat down. Suddenly, she gasped.

"What is it Kayano? Did I grab you the wrong lunchbox?"

"No. I just forgot my chopsticks, hehe. I'll go grab a pair from Ms. Yukimura. Brb!" She then imitated an airplane and flew off back into the classroom.

I smiled at her childish nature. 'I don't act like that, Karma.'

"Hey, is this table free?" I heard a familiar voice behind me and turned around. Speak of the devil it's Karma Akabane. I grunted very slightly and turned back to my lunch.

"There's other tables with less girly people," I answer while taking a bite from my teriyaki chicken.

He sighed. "But may I sit here?" He asked more specifically this time. I put my head on my hand which was supported by my elbow.

"Sure, whatever. Just don't talk to me."

Kayano came back with chopsticks. "Nagisa! I'm back with- Karma? What're you doing here?" She asked as I stared down at my food.

He opened up his lunchbox and sat to the seat next to me instead of facing me. "Eating."

"Ahh, right!" She moved to the seat facing me. "So Nagisa, what'd you think of your hair now?" She asked while biting down on her yakisoba bread.

"Oh yeah. It's quite alright I guess," I touched the pigtails and fluffed it up. For some reason I actually never noticed my hair was still up. I felt a third hand in my hair and realized it was Karma touching it. "What're you doing?" He pulled out.... something.

"Mosquito. I killed it though."

"Ew! In my hair?!" I wiped the excess from my precious clean hair.

"Relaaaaax. It's just a bug, don't be such a drama queen."

I sat up from my chair and put my hands on the table. "Okay, I've had enough. Kayano, you can have my chicken I know it's your favorite. I'm gonna go read back in the classroom."

"Uh, okay? I'll return the box before 5th period!" She offered once more. I nodded my head and quickly walked back into the building, closing the sliding door. Instead of going into the classroom like I said I would, I walked into the men's restroom.

I looked in the mirror and looked at the pigtails. "Yeah, they're really not something for a guy to wear." I sighed. The temperature of my breath caused the mirror to become a little cloudy.

In the blurry mirror, my silhouette really did resemble a girl.

"Hey you there!" Someone exclaimed from the door entrance. I turned to face the source.

"Are you talking to me?" I pointed to myself and raised an eyebrow. I saw two guys who were of course taller than me. I didn't really recognize any of them though.

"Yeah," one of them answered. "Why are you in the men's restroom, Nagisa?"

"I'm a guy."

"You don't look like it."

"I'm a guy though."

"You have bright blue hair that reaches your shoulders, you have a very feminine body, your name's Nagisa and you're a boy?"

"Yeah, I'm a guy."

"Still don't believe you, drop them pants and prove it."

"No, you pervert!"

I stormed outta the restroom as I heard one of the two apologize for his friend's actions. 'Seems like everyone's a sadist these days.'

To keep my word, I went into the classroom and got out a comic book story called, 'Sonic Ninja.' They were gonna make a movie with a different story line soon. I really don't care that it holds a lot of cliches, I really like this book.

"Ehhhhh? You read 'Sonic Ninja' as well Nagisa?" I already knew it was Karma's voice. "Did you know they're playing the movie tomorrow night? We should go Nagisa."

"Er... sure." I really didn't know how to respond to this. "But you're-"

"Paying, right?" He smirked at me as I had to look up to see his face. I shake my head a no.

"I was only gonna say pay half, ya' know. Don't jump to conclusions," I answered in a monotonous voice. I didn't even sound angry or sad or even happy that I was gonna see the movie I was waiting for since last month.

He put a hand on my head. "Nahhhh, don't worry I got you covered. Save up your money for a dress tonight."

"Are you fricking kidding me?" I groaned in annoyance.

"Nope!" He popped on the 'p' in his answer. What surprised me is that he really did read the comic book. He had a copy of the seventh volume while I was only wrapping up the sixth. I didn't even know there was a seventh!

I was still reading, but I heard Karma rip out a piece of paper from who knows where. He took out his pencil and finished who knows what in just a few seconds. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. He quickly passed the note to me before Ms. Yukimura came back in.

"K- Akabane-kun! What're up to now?" I whisper-shouted to him while opening up the folded note. It was only a few words, but it shocked me pretty badly.

'Meet me at my place today after school. Address is XXX X. Street. We'll have a slumber party if you'd like. Na-gi-sa!'

Even on paper he calls my name on syllables. Wooooow.....

Wait...

He only lives a block away from me.... crap. Well, if I don't tell him, that'll be just fine right? Heheeeee, god I hope I'm right though.
__________

Heyooooo! I'll be starting 'The 30 Day 'Assassination Classroom' Challenge after finishing off this book k? I found the article on a website. If you search up this, it'll pop up as the first result. And like the Fairy Tail 30 Days Challenge, I'll be making it its own book. Anyways, I hope you like the reference to the anime. They met when Karma saw Nagisa liked Sonic Ninja. So heehee!

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm just not committed. Still love it though!