Recovery Time

- Karma's POV -

The ambulance arrived in what seemed like an eternity. The times I called out to Nagisa while he stayed unconscious was just uncountable. It's almost ridiculous I tell you.

I seriously don't know what happened to him. Yeah, he looked kinda under the weather and all, but I presumed it was only 'cause he was a little homesick! I never thought in a million years he'd be down with something so serious it land him in the hospital.

For the past 2 days, I wasn't allowed to see him due to... complications. For the past 2 days, I've also been making excuses for why Nagisa was out of school. I told the class that Nagisa was just out for the week with his mom. Everyone believed me, except one.

Kayano Kaede.

When lunch rolled around, she walked over to my desk and slammed the surface of it with her hand.

"Look, it may be pretty serious and I shouldn't get involved, but Nagisa told me his mom was out for the a few weeks. He told me this a week ago. There's no way they're even in the same country anymore. What happened to Nagisa?"

'Wait. So Nagisa told her about this and not me? What the heck?'

"Are you sure you're not just thinking too hard about this? I mean, you are in love with the boy after all," I teased as my eyes gazed into her green ones. She folded her arms over her nonexistent chest and gave me a mean look that stared right into my soul.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me before speaking. "C'mon Karma. I've been here with Nagisa just as much as you have. Can you please tell me what's going on?"

I sigh. "You can go ask Nagisa when he's back from the-" I stop myself from saying anymore then what was needed at the moment.

"Back from what, exactly?" She sat on my desk and faced me, her entire body facing outwards though.

'There's really no point in doing this is there? Whatever.'

I motioned my hand to tell her to come here. She nodded and bent down very slightly so we'd be on the same ear level. Yeah, she's that short.

"Nagisa just suddenly fainted at my house a few nights ago. He's in the hospital right now," I whispered, instantly regretting it when she hit my nose with her head as she propped herself up in surprise.

"WHAT?!?" She yelled out. Everyone in the class turned towards us and gave us a confused face. I covered her mouth with my hand and lead us outside.

"Excuse us everyone we have some business to do in the bathroom! Enjoy your lunch and don't let nature take its course just yet until we're done. Thanks!"

I felt the short girl bite me after hearing how wrong that sounded. I just rolled my eyes and closed the sliding door leading out here. And I took her into the men's restroom.

When we were in, I closed the door behind us as she kicked my shin.

"Aw god you hit harder than Nagisa! What was that for?!" I asked while rubbing it. She then washed her face with soap water and faced me.

"What was that back there?! Business to do in the bathroom, you sound like a rapist for God's sake!" She motioned her hands above her hand as she complained about what had just happened.

"That's not exactly the most important thing right nooooow," I said in a singsong voice, my shin beginning to be in less pain. "I think we should go see him after school today, just to check up on him is all. Don't get the wrong idea."

She flinched at this sudden act of generosity. "Yay! I wanna record you two making out so bad!!!" She then hugged me, but her head barely reached over my chest.

"Well, I personally don't mind, but I'm not sure about 10-year-old-girl who's sitting on a hospital bed right now."

"Well you're both 14, I think at this age some actual French Kissing would indeed be necessary. But I still wanna see Nagisa too."

I pryed her off me, which was actually a little difficult after her fangirlyness turned into super strength. "First of all, I'm 15. Second, we could always ditch school and go see if visiting hours are still open?" I pointed at the door with an innocent face, even though I was still as pure as a rotten egg.

Kaede nodded her head in response. "Okay! I'll even spend tomorrow at the hospital if I can!"

I don't know why, but I just don't like the fact that she wanted to spend so much time around Nagisa. I mean, yeah, they've been friends for a long time, but.... I didn't like that either.

"Uh sure. Now let's get out of here before everyone gets the wrong idea!" I exclaimed while running out of the restroom. She quickly followed behind me, her stature making it really easy for her to run.

"They already had the wrong idea when you said we'd be in the frickin' bathroom!"
__________

We reached the hospital where I know I saw the paramedics take Nagisa into. I looked at Kaede as she did the same. We nodded at each other and walked into the building where our friend was at.

"Hello. Me and my.. friend, wanted to see Nagisa Shiota? Is he here?" I asked while carrying Kaede a little higher, since her head didn't even reach over the counter. Only her pigtails.

"Sure! It's room 114, third floor. Visiting hours are up at 9:00, so don't stay too long with her," the nurse explained. I just couldn't help myself anymore.

"Nagisa Shiota is are boy, see ya' nurse!" I took Kaede and ran off as the nurse dropped her clipboard.

We eventually saw Nagisa's room number and opened the door, seeing no one there except the blue-haired patient. His hair was let down as he slept peacefully on his bed, still breathing.

Kaede took out her phone and snapped a photo of him.

"What'd you do that for?"

"Jealous?????"

"No, why would I be-"

"I'll send you it later."

"Okay fine I was jealous but only because I don't have my phone with me."

"Now who's going all Taiga Aisaka?"
__________

Uuuuugh. I think I like writing this book too much. Anywho, I hope you guys like the fact that Karma isn't totally against Kayano like he is in other stories. I like them working together to tease Nagisa. It's better than Rio and Karma teasing Kayano about chocolate that's for sure. I just finished reaching episode 15 of season 2, and I completely forgot that Kayano transfered to the school AFTER Yukimura was gone. And even if she didn't, she still didn't have green hair until she did join. So crap. Oh well, it's already uncanon anyways.