Recovery Time (2nd Period)

- Nagisa's POV -

There was nothing else to hide, Karma knew everything now. The only I could do, was shed the tears I held in for the 16 years of my life. I wrapped myself around the redhead and bawled into his jacket that was actually zipped up this time.

He was hesitant at first, but patted my head to tell me it was alright, when it clearly wasn't.

"Nagisa, why didn't you tell me? Even before I, made fun of you like that," he asked worryingly. Once again, he took the elastics from my wrists and started to put my hair back into pigtails.

"I guess, I thought you'd tease me even more about it. I hope I'm wrong, Karma," I snuggled deeper into his chest like it wasn't safe enough.

"You thought I'd just let it happen?!" He exclaimed while lifting my chin up so I'd look at him. "Why? Why would you even think I'd just leave you suffering like that? W-Was I, that mean to you?"

I shook my head a no. "It's not that.... I guess, something in my head took everything you teased me about seriously. Like insults almost. Those times you told me I should cut it off, dress cutesy all the time and, it just.... I don't know. But I really don't hate you, I'm sorry I said that."

He wrapped his arms around my head so I snuggled right into his chest again. "I didn't know you looked like this for a reason, I'm sorry for teasing you for those past weeks we've known each other." Karma patted my hair, which was half done up, while the rest still fell on my shoulders.

"It's okay, I teased you quite a bit too, hehe.... so let's just call it a draw," I pulled away from him, only to find myself extending my arm for him to shake it.

He pushed my hand down. "Let's not do a competition, let's just be Karma and Nagisa. Uh, is it alright that I called you that?"

A giggle flew out of my mouth. "Completely. First name basis, isn't so bad anymore." I gave Karma the realest smile I've ever given. Not to mention a genuine one as well.

He furrowed his eyebrow as he gazed at my lips. He was breathing weird too.

"K-Karma? You alright there?" He put his hands on my lap as some sort of response. His face got closer and closer, his eyes still focused on their target. "Karma?" I put my hands on his chest to push him off... but the normal happened. No effect.

"Sorry Nagisa. I just need to... n-need to," his eyelids grew heavy as his lips just barely brushed against mines. Both his nose and mouth released the oxygen we shared at the moment. But, he stopped in his tracks. "Is it okay?"

A bead of sweat rolled down my head as I swallowed my fear. "I guess. G-Go ahead," I whispered, closing my eyes and letting him do his thing.

For a split second, I felt him peck my lips with his incredibly warm ones.... but then a huge slam of the door opening caused him to pull away. DX

"Nagisa Shiota! Please come with me!" A nurse commanded while tightly gripping her clipboard like it was her baby. With no real reason not to, I did.

Karma pouted childishly as I left the room, giving me time to process what we were about to do. What would've happened if she didn't barge in on us? W-Would something else happened? Could it have gone, a little more than just sentimental? I don't know whether I should be disappointed or relieved right now.

"What is it, nurse? I'm I diagnosed with some sort of disease or something?"

"No.... but a certain person wants to talk to you about something. Something very important to her, teehee!" She giggled while leading me to the elevator.

I still had no idea. "Well, could you tell me?" I shrugged, not really getting the point.

"Oh you'll see. You'll see definitely, for sure," she mumbled as we reached the main floor. The bottom one. "She's the one with pigtails and green hair."

"Kayano? Why did she come back?"

The nurse just pushed me forcefully towards my returning friend, who apparently had something important to tell me I guess?

Kayano heard my footsteps that were of course forced. "Oh Nagisa! Y-You actually came. Thank god," she sighed with relief as she hid something behind her back. Something tells me, it's probably related to what she's gonna tell me.

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I?" I responded while she finished the other pigtail Karma couldn't do.

She turned a light pink while rolling her eyes at me when she was finished. "Weeeeeell, you and Karma seem to be getting back together. So maybe this OTP thing will work. Maybe you'd ignore and catch up with your lover!" She explained with with a hand out like she was monologuing.

'Well, with what just happened in my room-'

"Anywho!" She exclaimed with defense in her statement. "I'm just really glad you're out of the hospital so quick. You had me worried sick! B-But the reason I came back here was because I.....w-well, I-"

I grabbed her hand that wasn't behind her back. "It's alright, you don't need to tell me anything if you don't wanna. Trust me, it's pretty hard finally letting something out and being so nervous about it."

"H-How would you know that feeling? Is there something I should know?" She cocked her head me while her pigtails swayed right behind her.

I smiled, another fake one. "Nope. Nothing, hmmm," I patted her head.

"Nagisa," she cooed to herself I guess.

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah! Well-" she threw me a bag filled with some hard content, but she was apparently so nervous she threw it at my face instead of my hands. "Well I really like you and I was as hoping you'd go out with me!" Her cheeks turned red as she covered it and kneeled down, concealing her cute face. While I sat back up, dumbfounded at what the heck just happened.
__________

Awwwww. Another chapter to be googly over yes? Well, this brain has come up with a plan to have both ships come alive. Since KarmaNagi and NagiKae can't both happen without Nagisa turning into Makoto Itou. And no one wants that right? Btw, I won't be really referring KarmaNagi as, well, KarmaNagi. I'll be pronouncing it as Karmagisa. I really like that name. So yeah! I'll be adding Karmagisa as a tag with KarmaNagi. And the picture was just of Karma failing at Nagisa's hair, so that's why it's up. Hehe... I guess that's really it??? Oh yeah, I hope you guys like that cliffhanger. >:D