Explanation Time

Yeah, this is a long one. Bare with me, I had the time and worked with it. XD. Edit: thank you for over 1k reads!!!! Omg!!!!

- Karma's POV -

With stammering feet and two victims to chase after, I looked left and right in the huge hallway.

"Dang it, this is even bigger than my house!" I clenched my fist as I failed to hear any feet running. But I heard yelling coming from a room.

I couldn't make out what they said, but I was certain it was Kaede. For sure.

My curiosity got the best of me and I walked to the yelling. Nagisa's pleading voice was in this screaming contest. Even still, their voices were muffled like the room was halfway soundproof.

Suddenly, their tones were very quiet. Almost silent actually.

As I heard the door unlock, I hid behind a wall out of instincts.

"Karma, I know you're there. You really don't need to hide, ya' know," I was just glad to hear it was Nagisa's voice to be the first thing I heard.

I sighed as I slid my way from the wall, facing him. Well, his eyes were locked on the floor, his hair blocking his ocean blue eyes from being seen.

"Hey, y-you okay there?" I tried placing my hand on his shoulder, but he dodged it like it was a knife. Quick, and surprised.

"Huh, s-sorry! Force of habit!" He wiped his eyes vigorously as he smiled once more. It was plastic for sure, but I didn't even bother stating that anymore. Something was definitely off.

I scratched the back of my head while focusing on, really anything but him. "S-So... about that whole 'adult game' we were in on-"

"Yeah, please don't bring that up now." He took my hand in his and brought it up dangerously close to his lips.

"Awww, you gonna kiss me goodnight now?" I teased him. It seemed to actually be the right moment when he smiled for real. Sure he had a pink tint on his face, but it seems like that's just a normal thing now.

Nagisa put my hand down, but didn't let go just yet. "Actually no. Let's not do a goodnight, right now." He looked away with a nervous smile.

"What does that mean exactly?"

"L-Let's go on a date. Right now, and we'll be back before midnight I swear," he clenched my hand, almost like he was being watched to do this perfectly.

Though my suspicion was rising in just a few seconds, I agreed almost immediately. "Sure, Nagisa. Although we don't really need to be back by midnight."

His facial expression just sat straightened. "But don't we need to be here to sleep? There's no other place outside there that holds a bed."

I sighed. "Ever heard of a love hotel?"

"N-No. I don't think so at least?" He tried recalling anything as I just patted his head, calling off his attempts at ruining his pure soul.

"Nah, don't worry. We'll make it back."

"I still wanna know what a love hotel is," he pouted.

"Just ask your mother when she gets ho-" I stopped myself right there, being sure not to cross this boundary that keeps Nagisa from snapping. He tightened his grip on my hand as he shivered. "Sorry."

"It's alright. Let's just go, please?"

I nodded my head as he opened a window. "We're gonna jump from here, problem?"