Chapter Six, Part One

“Azrael was my father it is true, but I am someone much different than him. Remember, I killed my father, I said because he killed me, but I killed him because he killed others without mercy. I didn’t want you to know who I am because it wouldn’t make sense to you ever. You’re not stupid, but there may be a chance that you could understand. You see, I love being an angel of darkness and even though I want to be an angel of light, if I had the choice I would still choose darkness. My angel name is Amitiel. The angel of truth. Darkness isn’t all lies and that’s what I stand for. I also represent the good of darkness where as my father represented the bad. I hate having to be so responsible for everything at the age of 17 but it comes with the title, I wish I was an angel without a fancy title but I really could care less. Kiss my ass if you want to, it won’t help get you on my good side!” She laughed. She had just explained so much there. She just explained why she was here, why she was powerful, why she hated her father. It also explained why she thought we were alike. We both had power, she was dark and half stood for light I was light and half stood for dark. We were both one of a kind, I being the only ‘female werewolf‘, which by the way had been a whole lot easier since I had gotten to the island, and Aria was the only angel of truth that was dark. I smiled.

“I’m not going to freak out; you know that explains so much. But names are names and don’t affect the person so I’ll do with you like I did to Lucifer, ignore your name and get to know you first like I have already.” I told her, proud of myself. She smiled.

“Thanks, Nobody ever understands, I hate my title because I love being dark. But that’s all it is, a title, it doesn’t do anything important to me, I am who I am because I choose to be that person, not because my name makes my path. That’s what I hate and you seem to understand.” Aria told me, I felt a little important that I was the only one to understand, how grade 2 of me. I laughed softly.

“Well as much as I love the seriousness, could we possibly get back to bouncing off the ceiling, it’s really not my day to sit still.” I said, wanting to run around. I almost forgot that Taylor was standing there still in front of me. He was about three or four inches taller than Lucifer. Everyone was so tall it wasn’t funny. It was like I was the only short person. I smiled and bit my lip, looking at my feet. “Want to go for a walk?” I asked everyone in the room, I didn’t ask James though. 

“Of course.” Taylor said smiling a smile that made me want to smile and giggle like a little girl. Then I remembered Lucifer, how could I have forgotten? I looked to Lucifer who was staring, no glaring at Taylor.

“Sure I’ll go.” He said, still not looking at me. I wished he was like James, James couldn’t block his mind easily but Lucifer did it like me, without effort.

“I’ll come too!” Aria chirped in after a few minutes of awkward silence. We all walked out and once we got to the hallway Lucifer took my hand in his. I almost wanted to pull it away, and then I found myself wondering why. I think Lucifer, Taylor, and Aria were all talking to me, but I was lost so deep in thought that I didn’t and couldn’t hear them. Eventually Aria had to practically push me over and I would have fallen if Lucifer had not caught me. I realised that Taylor wasn’t there at all. 

“Sorry, but girl, you need to get your head out of the clouds, that’s my place.” Aria told me, I noticed that she had stopped walking and was floating along peacefully looking every inch the angel that she wasn’t.

“Well what do you want?” I asked, elbowing her playfully in the sides she floated up above my head. “No fair.” I mumbled, smiling, Lucifer just looked at her. I knew he could fly, or at least float but he just didn’t use it daily.

“Hey pretty boy, I could float before I could sit so don’t think down to me. And I wanted to know where we’re going.” She said, coming back so that she was about three inches off the ground. It was a little weird watching someone float around but it was something you got used to fairly easily.