Chapter Fifteen, Part One

The door led into a room that was so beautifully decorated it looked like a mansion instead of a cave. All the floors were a plush carpet of different colours, there were comfy chairs, big TVs, stereos, gaming systems, ping pong, billiards, a pool, a hot tub, the bedrooms each had their own bathrooms, mini fridges, king sized beds, with big fluffy pillows and blankets, there was a huge walk in closet filled with everything a girl could want. I felt like I was in a fairy tale princess’ house for everything anyone could want was there. I turned to look at Drake.

“This is your room, you don’t have to live here, but it’s a place to get away and forget everything. It’s really nice.” Drake told me. I smiled.

“It’s nice to be able to get away.” I told him. I heard a door slam and looked to him. He placed a finger to his lips and motioned for me to stay where I was. I glared at him then ran past him and back to the door I had entered in. I was part everything so I ran fast. I stopped when I was in front of a boy who was about 5 foot 9. He had dark brown hair and black eyes with gold flecks. He glared at me and looked ready to swat me aside like I was a fly. I put my hands on my hips, blocking his way. He sighed and I cheered back up. Hi! I’m Sapphire!” I said, being my normal hyper self. I stuck my hand out.

“I’m Dallas,” He said, hesitantly shaking my hand. “Drake? Who the hell is this little thing?” He yelled motioning to me. I glared at him and walked over to the wall so I could sulk while leaning on something. I don’t like being called a little thing. Drake chose that moment to come up the stairs. It was a cave so you could only go down, not up.

“This is the girl Avery looked so hard to find, couldn’t find her then she shows up in a fairy ring or something.” Drake explained. The magic in the cave was so much that I couldn’t sit still. I bent over and kicked my feet up and started walking around on my hands. I fell into a bridge and stood up, still wanting to run.

“She’s like a puppy.” Dallas commented and I giggled. Drake even smiled.

“Well, she is part of a werewolf pack...” Drake told him. Dallas took a step back in shock I laughed louder.

“What time is it?” I asked whoever would answer me.

“There’s a clock right there.” Dallas said.

“Did I ask for a clock?” I asked him. He sighed and checked the clock.

“It’s four pm, why?” Dallas said. Oh God damn it.

“I have to go, I’ll be back later!” I called as I went out the door. “Stupid school...” I muttered. I heard them call me back but I kept going. I ran through the forest, waved bye to Avery and made m way back to the dorm where, of course, everyone was waiting. I heard a million questions and didn’t feel like answering any of them. I closed my eyes and suddenly wished that I was back in the cave, where I knew the two boys there understood me. Hey had been where I had been and didn’t treat me weird, except for Dallas. I put my hands over my ears and ran in to my room. It was weird; this place didn’t feel like home any more. I wanted to be in the cave, with its soft carpet, and big comfy beds. Not here where everyone didn’t believe me and no one truly cared. I didn’t want to face the questions. I didn’t mean to just walk off like that but what happens happens. I heard the door open then, I heard Jade tell someone to eff off and leave me alone. Then the door shut, I heard the lock turn and felt the bed move as Jade sat beside me, curled into a ball with her chin on her knees. I smiled at her, she didn’t smile back.

“Any explanations as to where you were? Why you left?” She asked me, trying not to be mad but I think she found she couldn’t help but be upset.

“I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you, but I will introduce you to who I was with,” I said, smiling as I remembered how our brief meeting felt like we had known each other for ever. “And I left because no one believed me, and I found someone who does. He cares and understands. The other guy, well I can’t be too sure about him.” I said giving a nervous laugh. Jade’s jaw dropped and she fell out of her ball.