Chapter eight, part one

“You guessed it. I don’t want to relive my past. James came to me and I told him that you didn’t like the council; he wouldn’t let me say more than that. I tried to stop him but I was limited to the school walls.” He said. I nodded and forgot about it, the serious sad moment gone and racing away at the speed of light.

‘I remember when we were little and I convinced you to take dance with me. Hip-hop and I think contemporary, you refused to do ballet.” I said, laughing at the memory. Seth was practically my twin. Our moms had been good twins. He had been born at five to midnight and I was born five after. We had grown up together and there was never a secret between us. Any girlfriends he had always came to me to ask questions if they didn’t want to ask them to his face. When we were about 10 years old I had convinced him to take hip-hop with me. He liked it so he offered to do a competitive duet which was a ton of fun. Memories are life. Without memories you can’t live.  “So how have you been?” Seth asked me, leaning against a wall.

“I was just released from the world council; it’s more of a vacation then a prison.” I told him. “My main thing was that they sent us here.” I said to him. We turned around and started walking back towards the dorms where everyone else had gone. I was starting to act like my real self, bouncing off the walls. Not literally, I just couldn’t sit still.

“Do you have your schedule?”  Seth asked me suddenly. I nodded and handed it to him after pulling it out of my pocket. He glanced at it. “We’ve got all the same classes. That’s history, math, gym, and art. There are some optional classes if you want to take them, like equestrian studies, fighting, archery, English, French, and Italian which is good considering we’re in like the only English speaking part of Italy, Spanish, Latin, and more. There’s a bunch of sports teams and clubs, I’m on at least six of them.” He said, knowing that because he was on them I would probably like them too. “You have to talk to the principal to join them though because he’ll have to remake you’re schedule and he has the signup sheets’ He told me. So I’d have to meet the principal or not do anything. As far as I knew I would be trapped in this school for the at least five years. It’s normally three but the council insisted on five. What the council wants, the council gets.

“I’d love to sign up for everything but I don’t think I have the time!” I said, giggling at some unsaid joke. We got to the dorms and Seth walked in the girls’ dorm as easily as if we were in the boys’ dorm. I looked around and noticed other boys there too.

“We’re allowed in here so long as we don’t leave this room. If we want to get something from the kitchen or go to the bathroom, that’s fine but we can’t take too long.” Seth told me, explaining the question I didn’t feel like asking. I smiled at him and nudged him with my elbow.

“If you do anything nasty, I don’t want to hear about it.” I said, just because we haven’t seen each other lately doesn’t mean we don’t keep in touch. When we’re away from each other for more than a month then we keep a kind of diary, writing about people, how our day went, and then at the end of each letter we send it to each other. So it’s like we were never apart.

“Deal.” He said, shaking my hand. I smiled again. I spotted Aria, Blaise, Molly, Aura, Jasmine, Jade, and John all sitting on a couch. They waved us over. I walked over to them with Seth following close behind me. Gavin came out of the bathroom and sat down on the couch, smiling at everyone.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, I looked at the table to se they had a game of Monopoly set up but they hadn’t started yet.

“We were going to play Monopoly but we got it set up and decided to save it for later. Hey, Sapphire, want to go get something to eat? They’ve got the best junk food here!” Jade said, being her hyper, jumpy self. I smiled.