Chapter One, Part Two

A/N Welcome to Part two. In this chapter we get to see Sapphire's Mom :O We havent seen much of her, and this is pretty much her only appearance :3 a lot of these are filler chapters, but oh well :)

ALSO: The last chapter automatically was set to private and I can't figure out how to change it :/ You didnt miss much: sapphire left for a break, and kissed drake.... thats about all that was in it (it was only a page long)

I laughed, I had not laughed in three months, standing in a cave, surrounded by my friends. How I missed those days. My days were now filled with nothing but training and death. But you probably don

’t understand this. I’ll start near the beginning. About two and a half months ago.

We were training in weaponry and all that. It was Jade, Aura, Blaise, Molly, Aria, Drake, Dallas and I. We were training just like any other day. Then the council came. They took Aria away; her dad had survived after all, and came to ground her. Funny now that I think of it. The elementals had to spread out, telling other creatures to get ready, in four months they would expose themselves. Well we have about a month until that. Drake and Dallas never really left, I just had to go my own way, prepare myself for a war I wasn’t ready to face. For a reality I hated. Drake and Dallas had stayed in Italy to train. I had gone to Greece, just because it was somewhere I had always wanted to go. I traveled with my mom, in two weeks though, I had to go back to see everyone and announce to the world. Press conference’s were set up, T.V shows were booked, the news, every hour had a special for us to announce it. Newspapers, magazines, everything. I had told Avery no, but he refused to listen.

So now you’re briefed on what’s happening. Right now, I’m sitting at a table in a cafe, across from my mom, who is talking about something.

Honey, don’t you love Greece? It’s really a pity we have to leave, don’t you think? But just think! You’ll be on T.V and every one of us creatures is on your side. Try to put the past behind you, I’m still working on finding everything out. You prepare yourself for the future. Okay?”

“Yes, I will. Hey mom?” I asked her.

Yes?”

Can we go home?” I asked her, meaning the house in California. We had lived in California, and then moved to Canada. Well we never really lived anywhere but we had permanent residences. My mom sighed and leaned over to take my hand.

Sure, I’ll book the flight to leave at, say five am? I know how you hate to sleep.” She said, reading my mind. I hated sleeping, it just bugged me somehow. I nodded, stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. My mom would know where to find me. I got in to a cab and had it take me to the ruins. I got out, paid the driver and stood in the middle of ruins. We were staying, much to my protest, in the very modern part of Greece. I put my hand against the wall of the nearest building and felt the memories enter my mind.

I was walking to this very house, a grave look on my face. I had a basket of olives in my hands. I smiled as Drake came to take it and carry it for me. He had started talking and I never did go home that night. We had laid under the stars that evening, snacking on the olives and berries that we had. I remembered him putting an arm around me as I shivered and I fell asleep in the warmth of his arms.