•the one where its not a date, but its actually a date•

Harry nudged Louis' foot with his own. Louis glanced up, he gave a 'shush' sound. It was their last day in detention and Louis didn't want to mess it up.

Harry tapped his fingers on the wooden desk. ten minutes to go. He felt a nudge at his own foot, he glanced upwards to Louis w/o was holding up his notebook with dark pencil marks forming the words, "wait for me outside" Harry nodded, he was planning on asking him out in the first place.

The ten minutes ticked by endlessly, and throughout all Harry could hear was Louis sketching something out on his notebook with the amount of times he heard the movement of his pencil.

Finally, the door opened and Mr. Andrews stepped in. "Alright. Detention is up. 5 days are up. And I hope to never see you again in this room. Mr. Tomlinson, not a great way to start your time at this school. Mr. Styles- well I'm sorry for all the after school meet up's I ruined for you." Mr. Andrews looked at him blankly. Harry tried to hold back from rolling his eyes. "Well, no fighting! Next time it'll be two weeks detention and three day in school suspension. Got it?"

"Yes." Both the boys said at the same time. the teacher nodded and led them out. outside he parted and walked to the teachers lounge, leaving Harry and Louis to walk to their lockers in odd silence.

Harry lingered by his locker longer, Louis quickly grabbed his backpack and dropped his notebook in it. Harry closed his locker shut and they both stood there in slightly awkward silence. in the end Louis laughed softly and turned to Harry.

"Feels odd to not be going at each other don't you think?" Louis asked, he tilted his head to the side and grinned with a tiny shrug.

"Suppose so," Harry agreed. Louis hummed in response and walked over to him.

"Well, it's been a fun sentence to serve with you Harry Styles." Louis smiled up at Harry.

"Likewise," Harry smiled back, Louis' smile was just too infectious. Louis looked torn as if he wanted to say something. In the end he only smiled softly and turned away. "Wait!" Harry stammered out. It's been roughly two months with Louis hating him, and now that they were on slightly better terms Harry was not going to let the opportunity slip by.

"Yes?'' Louis inquired, turning back to him.

"Do you maybe- erm, quite possibly, like to get some erm, ice cream?'' Harry asked. he could have hit himself with how corny he sounded.

Louis' eyebrow rose, "like a date?''

"Like hanging out, and celebrating the fact that we are done in that hellhole of a room." Harry chuckled lightly.

"Alright. I have to stop by my house first though . I need to get money," Louis noted.

"Oh please. My treat! It was technically my fault you are here in the first place." Harry insisted.

"Alright...that is true." Louis stuck out his tongue at him and laughed afterwards. his eyes lighting up as well as crinkling at the side.

Harry thinks he could go his whole life with listening to Louis' laughs. Harry leads him to his car and Louis gets in, shooing Harry's hands away he tries to help him in. "I'm not a child Harold."

"Harry. I'm just Harry." Louis shakes his head.

"Harold." He said and Harry shook his head.

"So how's practice been?" Harry asked as he started the car.

"Well. I wouldn't know. I've missed this whole week's. I can't cheer at this week's game." Louis frowned.

"Shame. I'm sure you can find other fun things to do on a Friday night." Harry laughed at his own innuendo.