Quinn

Harley didn't say a word of last night, and both Alicia and I made sure of it. I heard that Alicia had to kick Harley underneath the desks during their class together. During lunch, I had to shut her mouth for her when she was across from the popular girl's table. Keeping Harley's mouth from running off was like a full time job, and I kind of liked it. It gave me something to do for once, though I never showed my likeness for it.

Alicia showed me how to drive today, and thanks to my quick learning skill, I got the hang of it in about an hour. This meant that I didn't have to get rides from Zoe's mom anymore, or secretly fly over the rows and rows of houses to get to school. This also meant that I had to take Kayli to the mall this afternoon.

Apparently, humans didn't have a stock pile of clothes that grow with the owner. They had to keep getting more and more, and sometimes even threw out the old ones. That's why I was sitting in the mall, watching Kayli come in and out of a little room with different clothing on each time. I busied myself by trying to figure out how to play a certain game on Zoe's phone. I heard a door open and quickly hid the phone as to pretend like I was interested in Kayli's choices.

"What do you think of this one?" She asked. I looked over her clothing.

A pink shirt was on her with black-piped letters spelling out PINK diagonally across her chest. She wore tight jeans that hugged her thighs and high-heeled black sandals. She spun around once, with her hands out in a shrug.

"Well?"

"It's cute. I like it." I said blandly. She frowned.

"Zoe, if you're not going to pay attention, we might as well leave." Kayli said, putting her hands on her hips.

"Great! Let's go!" I said, getting up. Kayli rolled her eyes.

"Sit down! It was a figure of speech, dummy." She said, returning to the tiny room. I slumped back down on the chair that I had been sitting in for at least an hour and a half. Suddenly, the phone in my hand began to buzz, and I looked at the screen. Harley was calling me. I answered it.

"Hey Quinn." She said.

"Shut up, Harley!" I whisper-screamed through the phone.

"Oh! Sorry!" Harley said back, probably biting her lip.

"Here, can I show you something?" I asked her.

"Sure, I'm not sure you can show me through the phone unless we're on facetime though." Harley replied.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure I can." I said. "Hang up the phone real quick."

"Wait, wha-" She started, but I cut her off by hanging up first.

I put my phone away and searched for Harley through her brain waves. When I found her, I was surprised to hear:

Well, that was rude! I just wanted to ask her a favor.

Ask away. I sent her.

Who said that?

Me.

Am I going crazy?

No. It's Quinn. I can hear your thoughts, and you can hear mine. It's like a conversation, but it's not out loud. Only you and I can hear each other.

Whoa. Cool.

I know, right? So, what did you want to ask me? I "said."

I was wondering if you could help me with something.

What?

I really want to go to a party tonight at Rita's, but my parents won't let me until I get my chores done. I have all but one finished, and it needs some serious help.