0.1

This is it.

This is what I've been waiting for.

But why am I hesitating?

What happened to getting over with it already?

Okay.

You can do this.

All you need to do is jump.

Just jump.

It shouldn't be that hard.

DEATH

It's so strange, it's autumn now. Everything is dying, everything is destroyed. And so is my mind.

My hands wouldn't stop shaking, I couldn't stop myself from trembling. Heartbeat faster than before, all this would end if I just took a step ahead. My heart would stop and I would be in a better place.

But then why was I hesitating? Did I make a mistake? Was there a change in my heart?

Why did dying seem harder than living?

"No, I can't do this." I whispered loud enough so only I could hear. Maybe this was a mistake, maybe this was not thought well. How can I die? This shouldn't be the end of me, people need me, Clark needs me.

"I shouldn't do this..."

Just when I thought I made my mind, I turned around only to feel myself slipping from the top of the rooftop. I was almost falling down. This was it, this was what I wanted. But why was I so afraid?

In a fraction of seconds I could feel strong hands grasping me. My vision blurred out for a while because I thought I was dying, I thought this was the end for me, that I was finally done for good and my time had come. But this wasn't it.

It was a guy that I wasn't familiar with. He was tall, muscular, rather handsome. It wasn't Clark, if it were, I would've known but he wasn't. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me up all rough, landing me on the floor.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The guy questioned after putting me down on the ground. Now that I heard him clear and could finally see his face I realized I had seen this guy before. He goes to the same school I do. I've clearly seen him often but did I know him?

"Um...I must've slipped or something." I said getting up dusting off my knees. I felt embarrassed knowing that someone had actually seen me like this, what if he told people? What if he told Clark?

"Were you trying to kill yourself?" He asked, more rudely this time, as if he was annoyed.

"Whatever."

"Answer my question, Diana." He muttered sharply.

"You know my name?" I asked. I shouldn't be surprised I mean, I was a pretty popular person at Yale Law School and I dated Clark, the captain of our school's basketball team who was pretty famous himself. So it wasn't a big thing.

"It does not take a whole minute to end a life. If it did none of us would be here right now." He replied, turning back to exit the rooftop.

"Who are you? Just because you saved me, you think you know it all?" I asked, angered each passing moment.

"We'll meet soon. Don't try to kill yourself till then." He smiled, closing the door behind him.

Some nerves he got.