0.15

"Are you sure?" I asked as we stepped into the front porch. Bruce and I were about to head to a party hosted by some of Bruce's friends. I knew all this, what happened once you stepped inside one of these 'parties'. There would be few drinks, mocking here and there and probably a sad event that would haunt you for days, yet people loved it and were always ready for all this, including me even.

"Common it'll be fun." He said walking ahead. It seemed like he needed a break as well.

"This is really funny because a social scene like this is really something out of your comfort zone. I know you'd much rather be at home cuddling with a puzzle and green tea." I replied.

"I prefer lavender actually. Also hanging out sometimes isn't a bad thing, helps me keep a tab on everything and everyone." He replied with a wink. At times I tend to forget how smart Bruce is and how he's always few steps ahead.

We headed inside the little cottage of a flat there was and I was right, obviously. People were drinking, making out, throwing up even, it wasn't anything new but there were a lot of people, a lot more than you'd expect. I was basically sliding on the backs of people trying to keep up with Bruce. Especially how everyone was noticing that Bruce was here and they'd try to shake his hand or yell his name in a loud voice. And the girls would just not stop trying to keep their hands off him it was legit disturbing.

I wonder how he felt when girls touched his shoulder a bit too much I mean obviously he would know that..Wouldn't he? And also he seemed to like it- the attention people gave him, I could clearly see in his face and it was sad. I thought he was different.

"Wow, how crowded is this place?" I sighed finally reaching to a counter table where the drinks were kept. I just poured myself a diet coke on one of the red cups that were stacked at the edge.

"Right? Kevin threw this of course people are going to come. He's a popular dude." Bruce said grabbing the closest bottle of whiskey. He was such a whiskey person like it amazed me how he never got drunk or anything like that.

"Respect him or respect you?" I asked trying to tone down the sarcasm a little too much.

"What?" Bruce looked at me laughing.

"I'm not the one to tell but I don't think people are here for Kevin at all." I said raising my eyebrows to the girl behind Bruce who was trying to patiently wait for his attention. He turned behind to the blonde who smiled at him once he gave her his undivided attention.

"I've been waiting for you." She spoke pouting her glossed lips, well that's my cue to leave I suppose. I excused myself from their conversation trying to quietly slip from behind.

"Sorry for your troubles, kind of taken for the night." Bruce says holding my hand and slightly pulling me in front of him, just about I was about to leave. I just froze there not knowing what to do or how to react. I felt like a third wheel, the tension between the two of them was no joke let me tell you.

"What? Is.........this a thing now?" She asks rolling her eyes. The way she stressed at the word 'this' made me angry. Was I that terrible to be seen with Bruce or was she trying to humiliate me?

I was in no mood but I had to do what needed to be done.

"Do you have something to say to me, on my face?" I asked. This was a surprise to me and both Bruce as he wouldn't stop staring at me with amusement.

The girl just clicked her tongue and left the two of us. I was relieved, she was few inches taller than me it would've been a fun fight.

"That was smooth. Can I just say how turned on I am right now by you?" Bruce replied laughing.