0.5

"What is going on? Will you tell me something at least?" I asked as Bruce  walked ahead leading the way. We had been walking for quite a while and he was dead silent the whole way. Something was so wrong.

"Just walk."

"Stop being like that..." I stood holding Bruce by his arm. I was confused about what was going on mostly about how he knew my mom and talked as if they were old friends. It all was too overwhelming for me. Bruce looked at his arm, where I held him as if he was taken aback by my action.

"Will you please tell me what's going on? Where are we going? How do you know my mom? I need answers." I demanded.

"I assure you, you'll get them soon. Things are going to change Diana. And I want you to be as calm as you can be." Bruce replied with a dead serious tone. I had never seen him this serious, as if he was a different person. The Bruce I dealt with earlier was so annoying and nosy. But he acted differently here. What is happening?

"Things are going to change?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Is that really necessary?" I asked. If it was something related to my mother it definitely meant bad news. What if Bruce told my mom and she was going to send me to a therapist or even worse a different place. Oh my god.

"Did you tell her about that incident?" I asked quickly.

"I don't think I have." He replied.

"You think? You....are you fucking serious?" I asked.

"I always am. Oh we're here." He replied opening a large door to the end of the hall. I was scared not wanting to know what was at the other end of the door.

-

At the other end of the door was a large room, like a conference hall kind of large. It had a long table in the middle where my mom sat at one end along with few other people around. They all looked unfamiliar, expect for one face.

"Clark?" I asked, surprised and to my horror. This was very disturbing and I knew for a fact it wasn't going to end well.

"You made us wait a while Bruce."My mom said after seeing us enter not caring about the dilemma I was in.

"Sorry my lady." Bruce bowed and went to go sit in an empty chair.

Did he actually refer to my mother as 'my lady'?

I didn't care about all that. My eyes weren't away from Clark. He just stood there looking down not choosing to give me even a single glance. Maybe he was hurt, upset I didn't know but seeing him like that made me feel even more upset. Why wasn't he talking to me?

"C'mon honey, sit down. Drink some tea." My mom said firmly. Seeing her acting like this all was no big deal was making me furious. I wanted to barge the door out and leave but I had no choice.

"Do I look like I want some tea right now?" I asked in a fraction of seconds. I know getting into my mom's bad side wasn't a good thing but all this was too much to take.

"Diana...." Clark finally spoke, still refusing to look at me. "Just sit down."

-

Are you guys liking the story so far? Any suggestions/queries are welcomed!