Part title

When Luna walked into the PE changing room, her teacher Mrs Davison, collared her. "We're running today, are you participating?" She asked. She never normally participated in PE. Today would be the first time in about three years she was going to do running in physical education.

Luna nodded and her teacher marked her down as "running." In this school, the years eleven, twelve, and thirteen combined together to make an entire team. Lillian Blake and Farrah Blake got dressed at the back of the room.

"On second thought miss," Luna popped her head around the corner and Mrs Davison looked at her. "Yeah Luna what's up?" She asked her. "We know your here, and quite frankly we don't care." Whispered Farrah, an obnoxious teenager who had way too many anger issues. "What she meant to say is we hope you run so we can see if your capable of fitness training." Whispered Lillian from the other side of the room knowing it would travel to Luna's ears.

"Can I sit out if my ankle hurts because it's not fully recovered yet." Luna lied, the teacher nodded calling names of the rest of the girls. When Luna turned around Lillian was waving and Farrah was abruptly tying her shoelaces.

"Okay Hunt, lock up when you've finished and we will wait for you on the field." The rest of the kids filed out. Farrah purposely barged into her and Lillian apologised.

Luna glared at her body; pale as a white sheet of paper, bruises, marks, scratches. She had a small tree near her ankle. It was a weird tattoo. When Autumn came, the leaves would fall off the tree. When Winter came, the tree would be covered in white snow. As the spring came multicoloured flowers bloomed on the tree. And in summer they bloomed extra big and even more colourful.

She could use it as a hex. She'd done it once. To her mother when she was five. Before she died. She cursed her to be ugly on the inside as the outside, it was her favourite hex. It didn't change much, but she had a year to have her father say I love you, or she would stay like that forever.

There was funny markings and "tattoos" all over her body, half of them she didn't know what they meant. I'm a freak.