Seventeen.

I woke up before the birds could begin to chirp. I was the early bird this morning.

I ran downstairs and luckily no one else was awake. I just hope Rave won't freak out when she finds I'm not next to her when she wakes up.

I walk down to the end of the street and make a few turns before I make it to the city street. It was already starting to get busy. I walk through the cool morning breeze and make it to he board walk. The water was so smooth in the early morning. I felt like it would be wrong to allow ripples to destroy its smooth texture.

I walk slowly down to the end of the board walk. By the time I got there, the orange and pink coloured clouds were rolling in clearing the way for the sun to shine across the sky.

The end of the boardwalk showed me that the ocean was even more smoother. I sigh and look at the engagement ring. I thought this would be the only one I would wear on my finger.

I slide it off and look at it once more. The small engraved writing on the band, the shiny diamonds placed next to the bigger jewel.

I hold it in my hand and then launch it out into the deep blue water. Ripples slowly rolled out from where the ring landed.

That was it.

"It's a beautiful morning isn't it." I accidentally slap whoever just said that to me. I turn around to look at the person.

"Oh my god Shawn I'm so sorry!" She holds his cheek and I hug him.

"It's okay I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that."

"No you shouldn't have. What were you thinking you know I would've done something like that!"

"Im sorry." He lets his cheek go which reveals a big red hand print.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to hurt you." He shakes his head and laughs at me.

"It's okay honestly, worst has happened to me than a slap." I laugh with him.

"Well anyways, how come you're here?"

"I always come and watch the sunrise on the boardwalk. Every morning it's not raining I mean. I want to see what the day's going to bring for me."

"So whether it's good or bad?" He nods and we take a seat on a small bench.

"Exactly." We watch as the sun slowly rises.

"So what's today going to be like Shawn?" He observes the clouds. What colour they are and how fluffy they are. He looks at me and smiles.

"Today is gonna be a great day." I lay my head I his shoulder and smile at the thought.

"I wonder what's going to happen that's going to be so great."

"Well, we will find out when it happens. Come on, let's go and get some breakfast." He takes my hand and he takes me to a small diner just across the road.

I order the same thing as Shawn plus a hot chocolate.

"Oh shoot that's right. Uh Cameron wanted to talk to you today. He said its important." I drop my fork on the plate.

"Oh." Is all I say.

"Bee come on, you're going to be staying with us for a while and you're going to have to say something to him some day."

"Not if I hide."

"What happened to you still loving him?"

"Shawn I can't talk about this right now. If you really want me to talk to him then fine, I'm going to go right now." I get up from the table and walk out of the diner.

I need to control my anger.