Chapter 4 Dinner Party

Lexi P.O.V

I follow Ryan into our black and white dinning room. The table is set nicely like always and the smell of spaghetti boloney's hangs heavily in the air. My parents are sitting at the pine wood kitchen table talking to a couple around their age that I have never seen before. A person is sitting at the head of the table in my seat but i cant see their face because their back is to me. If this wasn't a dinner party right now I would probably be giving this person a piece of my mind, but it is so i cant. I just then realise that everyone is dressed nicely except for me. My mum is wearing her favorite red dress with her blond hair pulled up into a neat bun. My dad is wearing a dark blue suite like always with his brown hair in its usual shaggy style. The man next-to him is also wearing a dark blue suite but his medium blonde hair has more of a controlled look and the women next-to my mum is wearing a baby blue sparkling three quarter dress with black sequins on the sleeves and her light blonde hair hanging loosely around her face . Ryan is wearing less extravagant cloths, he is wearing a plain black t-shirt with deep blue jeans. While i'm still in my Purple tank top with three quarter jeans and a gold pull on jacket. My mother looks up from the conversation she is having and gives me a frown.

"Lexi we have guests, why didnt you change for dinner", My Mum asks with a disapproving tone.      "Well mum I didnt really have time to change",I say with an apologetic smile. I walk towards the table and sit down.

"Thats ok honey, just be more organised next time", My mum says with a slight smile. I eventually tune out of their conversations and I feel someone watching me. I look over to see who is sitting in my seat and stop dead when I see those familiar Hazle eyes. Chace just sits their in his Dark brown top and light grey jeans staring at me with the biggest smirk on his face. His mousie brown hair clung to his face like always. Grrr i am going to kill him, he knows thats my seat but he sits there anyway. Wait what is Chace doing here. The people my parents are talking to must be his parents. Isn't it funny how i have know Chace for ages but never once have i seen his parents until now. I am pulled out of my thought by someone putting our food infront of us. The spaghetti smells so good that it nearly makes my mouth water. I didnt realise how hungry i was until that moment so without a second thought i dig in. Soon everyone follows my lead and starts to eat. Every now and then I look over to see Chace looking at me with a small smile.

"What", i say at a level so only he can hear. "Umm you have a bit of spaghetti sauce on your cheek", he says with a smile on his face amusement thick in his voice. I suddenly get all embarrassed and grab a napkin but that just makes him smile even more.

The rest of dinner was pretty quiet  except for the usual how was school/work conversation.After we are all finished Ryan, Chace and I clean the table while the adults say their goodbyes and go into the study to talk. After were done cleaning the table I headed upstairs to take a shower. The water feels so good against my skin and I dont realise how tired I am until i get out. I can hear Chaces parents leaving downstairs as I am getting dressed, I put on my Black Victoria secret bra and matching undies and thats when i realise i didnt grab my pajama top or pants so I pull my towel firmly around me and bolt for my room. I suddenly trip over my towel and go head first down the stairs. Im lucky someone caught me before i hit the bottom otherwise i would have broken my neck. I say thank you then look up to see who caught me.

"I thought you went home", I say while pushing him away from me

"Na I'm staying here for a couple of days while my parents are out of town", chace says staring at me. I suddenly realise i dont have my towel around me anymore, Its on the top of the stairs. I get all embarrassed and bolt up the stairs then wrap it around me before turning around again to face him.

"Thanks again", i say my face going all red

"No problem, I wouldn't want a hot thing like you breaking their neck now would I", He replies with a smug smile. I give him a frown before quickly walking towards my room and flopping on my bed. I dont bother getting dressed its to hot anyway, so i just snuggle under the covers with my favorite teddy, Mr Ted and prepare for what is coming tomorrow.

Vote comment enjoy and if you have ny suggestions on what i shoukd do next please tell me