Chapter 2

Ariana's POV

I wake up curled in my bed. Today is Saturday, and finally time to go to the park with Justin. I take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, and put my hair in a ponytail. Walking downstairs, my mom looks up at me.

"I'm going to the park with some friends. Love you."

"Love you too. Have fun." I walk to my car and drive to the park, walking to the basketball court when I get there.

"Ariana! Good to see you." Justin says.

"You too. Whaddya say we start playing?"

"Sure."

"I'm warning you, though. I'm probably gonna win."

45 Minutes Later

I run down the court and shoot from the 3-point line, the ball going straight into the hoop.

"And I won. Good game." I laugh, sitting on the bench to take a sip of water.

"You're pretty good. You would be great on a team."

"I wish. My mom is so stubborn."

He sits on the bench next to me and looks into my eyes. I know where this is going and I don't know if I can stop it. He gets closer and closer until our face are inches apart. I look at him then back away.

"I'm so sorry, Justin. I know I should've told you earlier but I have a boyfriend. I'm sorry I lead you on."

"Of course you have a boyfriend. You're beautiful. You could have any boy in the world if you wanted." He says causing me to blush.

"I should get going. I'll see you around?"

"Yeah. Bye Ariana."

That Night

We walk into the house, smiling at people as we walk by them. You can hear music from down the street. A neighbor will probably call the police but it doesn't really matter because Liam's dad is a cop.

"Hey babe." Liam says, kissing my head.

"Hi Liam. How's the party going?" Ashley and Jessica walk to the kitchen, leaving me alone.

"Amazing. I invited people from almost every high school in Boca."

"That must explain why there's so many cars here. I'm gonna go catch up with Ash and Jess. See you around."

"K. Love you." I smile and walk to the kitchen.

"There's so many people here." Ashley says.

"I'm used to it." Jessica says.

"Shut up, Jess." Ashley says, pouring herself some 'juice'.

"I'm gonna go look for Liam. I'll be back." I make my way out of the kitchen and around the house.

I find him in a corner, but not alone. He's making out with some random girl.

"Really, Liam? I thought you loved me." He looks up at me, standing up and putting his hand on my shoulder.

I push it away, tears streaming down my face.

"Ariana-"

"No Liam. Shut up! I guess this is what everyone was talking about. After I protected you, and your feelings. I hate you!" I run out of the room and right into Justin.

He immediately wraps his arms around me as I cry into his chest.

"Come on." He leads me to the porch and we sit on the swing.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"My boyfriend. He cheated on me."

"Oh, baby girl. Its ok. Do you need me to take you home?" I nod and he leads me to his car.

He closes the door behind me and I give him the directions to my house. When we get there, he walks me to the door and I take out my key.

"Thanks for driving me home. I guess I'll see you later." He kisses my head and walks back to his car.

I think I just found my new boyfriend.